Re: [CP2K:18814] print excited state force

Jürg Hutter

May 22, 2023, 4:26:28 AM5/22/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

you have to get your input first to correctly define your potential energy surface:
- calling TDDFT will only calculate excitation energies (a property)
- To get a excited state surface you need to also specify
&EXCITED_STATES T
STATE 1
&END EXCITED_STATES

Now the target energy is "Ground State + excitation energy 1"

If you now print forces the code will use the 'active' forces at that level.

Printing forces in &MOTION is only possible if you use a RUN_TYPE that calls that
section. Just ENERGY_FORCE will not do that, so you don't have any output.

regards
JH