Velocity Unit keyword for external file

Mrinmoy Mandal

Sep 13, 2022, 11:51:32 PM9/13/22
to cp2k
Hello members,

I am using a external velocity file to run QM/MM dynamics in CP2K and unit of external velocity is Angstrom/picosecond.  I want to use this velocity unit without changing to  bohr*au_t^-1, as a defaults unit in CP2K.  Please tell me how to add  'Angstrom/picosecond ' keyword as a unit in CP2K input file.

Matt Watkins

Sep 14, 2022, 1:15:10 PM9/14/22
to cp2k
I don't think it is possible at the moment.
Looks like the Path Integral code can maybe accept units but standard cp2k MD is hardcoded to bohr*au_t^-1 whether from ext_restart or within the subsys section...
Should be a perl / python one-liner (or a couple of lines to be readable) to convert your velocities.
Matt