hydrogen shooting out randomly

Eric Ledieu

May 12, 2022, 12:10:26 PM5/12/22
to cp2k
Dear CP2K community

I am seeing some odd behavior with the hydrogen on a couple of molecules. I think it is something to do with periodic boundary interactions, and I was wondering if there was a way to minimize initial positions. I don't have classical MD parameters ready, as I am running it AIMD, but I can assign GAFF values and run it a round through amber minimization I guess, but I don't know if CP2K can take amber output. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

With best wishes
Eric

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 10.56.06 AM.png

Marcella Iannuzzi

May 12, 2022, 12:55:19 PM5/12/22
to cp2k

Dear Eric
the information you provide are not sufficient to understand what is going wrong in the simulation
cp2k can run MM with the amber force field
Regards
Marcella

Eric Ledieu

May 12, 2022, 2:29:04 PM5/12/22
to cp2k
right, that is rather bare. I am running AIMD with the following script.
tolScript.inp

Krack Matthias (PSI)

May 13, 2022, 1:03:40 AM5/13/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Eric

I suggest to increase the cutoff from 150 to 300 Ry and to decrease EPS_DEFAULT to 1.0E-12 and EPS_SCF to 1.0E-7. Use IOLEVEL medium and check if the accuracy of the electron count at the end of the first SCF iteration is at least 1.0E-7 (if it converges?). Check for warnings about close contacts. You can force a check for short interatomic distances with this keyword if your system has more than 2000 atoms. I suggest to perform an initial structure relaxation using the RUN_TYPE GEO_OPT.

HTH

Matthias

Eric Ledieu

May 13, 2022, 5:58:11 PM5/13/22