Unphysical structure upon optimisation with SCAN and RVV10

Miriam Jasmin Pougin

Sep 15, 2022, 4:21:40 AM9/15/22
to cp2k
Dear all,
I performed a Cell-Optimization of an experimental Metal-Organic Framework. Using PBE and GrimmeD3 dispersion functional, I got an optimized cif, where the XRD pattern agrees well with experiments and the structure looks fine. I wanted to do a systematic studies to test different functionals. When I optimised the structure using the SCAN and RVV10 functional, the resulting system seems to be under a lot of strain and the diffraction pattern doesn't agree with the experiments anymore. I attach my input, output and cif for the scan run and the optimised structure with the PBE functional.

Does anyone have an idea what went wrong here/what tests I can perform?
I was thinking it might be a problem with my SCF, so doing a convergence test or maybe a test in the basis or grid.
Thank you!
MOF_scan.cif
cellopt.out
MOF_pbe.cif
cellopt.inp

Krack Matthias (PSI)

Sep 15, 2022, 4:36:09 AM9/15/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi

you specify in your input file only an exchange part as &MGGA_X_SCAN for the XC functional, but a corresponding correlation part like &MGGA_C_SCAN or &MGGA_C_SCAN_RVV10 is missing.

HTH

Matthias

Miriam Jasmin Pougin

Sep 15, 2022, 5:15:11 AM9/15/22
to cp2k
Hey Matthias,
Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I will try again with the missing correlation part.
Best,
Miriam