Wrong Cell Parameters When Optimizing BaTiO3 Unit Cell

81 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

毛瑞麟

ungelesen,
21.12.2021, 10:46:0421.12.21
an cp2k
Dear CP2K Users:
        I faced some problems while optimizing Tetragona BaTiO3 unit cell.  I use direct cell optimization method, with Cohen-Wu Exchange correlation functionals.  As described in literature, Cohen-Wu functional is the best functional which can be used in ferroelctric systems. However, the cell parameters after optimization EXTREMELY (a=b=4.30 angstroms, c=5.59 angstroms) diverge from  cell parameters measured by experiments (a=b=3.99 angstroms, c=4.04 angstroms). All electron steps converge normally.
        I also tried normal PBE functional and PBEsol functional, the cell parameters seemed far away from what is normal.
        So can anyone tell me what's wrong with my codes or how can I modify my code?
Best regards
0.out
1.inp
3-1.cell

Thomas Kühne

ungelesen,
21.12.2021, 11:40:3621.12.21
an cp...@googlegroups.com
Try to use at least a 4x4x4 k-point mesh.

Best,
Thomas Kühne

<0.out><1.inp><3-1.cell>

==============================
Thomas D. Kühne
Dynamics of Condensed Matter
Chair of Theoretical Chemistry
University of Paderborn
Warburger Str. 100
D-33098 Paderborn
Germany

Rylin Mao

ungelesen,
22.12.2021, 07:45:0222.12.21
an cp2k
Dear Prof.  Kühne

Thank you for your reply!
I modified my code by using a diagonalization method with a 4x4x4 Monkhorst-Pack k-point mesh. It indeed makes sense, however, there is still a big gap between the calculated cell parameters and the experimental results.
While using Cohen-Wu functional, the length of a and b axis seems acceptable, however, the length of c axis is about 4.6 angstroms. I think a difference of 0.6 angstroms is a little big. I also tried normal PBE functional. the calculated length of c axis is about 4.2 angstroms, still has a difference of about 0.2 angstrom from the experimental results. How can I improve my codes?
Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,
Rylin Mao

fabia...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
30.12.2021, 02:53:5730.12.21
an cp2k
Dear Rylin,

You have no correlation in your XC functional. I have never used the Cohen-Wu functional but from skimming the paper I think you should add the pbe correlation to your input file:
&XC_FUNCTIONAL
    &GGA_X_WC
    &END
    &GGA_C_PBE