problem with basis set

AMIT KUMAR

Jan 25, 2023, 12:24:18 AM1/25/23
to cp2k
I want to simulate the water molecule at aug--DZVP-GTH basis set with blyp functional, but
after one step there is a drastic change in temperature and kinetic energy occurs.
I have attached the input file and energy file below. what I have done wrong.

Thanks a lot
w.inp
w-1.ener

Jürg Hutter

Jan 25, 2023, 3:42:53 AM1/25/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

your XC section asks for a non complete functional. See the examples for correct definition of
functionals.
I would also strongly advice to test new setups on smaller systems before starting MD on
such large systems.

regards
JH

Jan 25, 2023, 3:54:24 AM1/25/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
I simulated the same at the DZVP-GTH basis set then it did not provide an abrupt result with the same functional, but when I changed the basis set to aug-DZVP-GTH basis set then the result is abnormal.
with regards
Amit Kumar
Research Scholar
Department of Chemistry