Help for 2nd order CPMD

DMITRII Drugov

Nov 26, 2022, 9:19:47 PM11/26/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Dear CP2k community,

I am trying to run the 2nd order CPMD. I have ionic liquid system in NVT ensemble.
Could you please advice how to select GAMMA and NOISY_GAMMA?

Also in this section below.

&MOTION
  &MD
    ENSEMBLE LANGEVIN
    &LANGEVIN
      GAMMA 0.001
    &END LANGEVIN
  &END MD

I have my BOMD script below.

Many thanks,
Dmitrii

&FORCE_EVAL
  METHOD QS
  &DFT
    BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME BASIS_MOLOPT
    POTENTIAL_FILE_NAME GTH_POTENTIALS
    CHARGE 0
    MULTIPLICITY 1
    &MGRID
      CUTOFF 400
      NGRIDS 4
      REL_CUTOFF 40
    &END MGRID
    &QS
       METHOD GAPW
       EPS_DEFAULT 1.0E-12
       EXTRAPOLATION ASPC
       EXTRAPOLATION_ORDER 3
    &END
    &SCF
      SCF_GUESS ATOMIC
      EPS_SCF 1.0E-6
      MAX_SCF 15
      &OT
       MINIMIZER DIIS
       PRECONDITIONER FULL_KINETIC
       &END OT
      &OUTER_SCF
       EPS_SCF 1.0E-6
       MAX_SCF 20
      &END
      &PRINT
       &RESTART
        &EACH
         MD 0
        &END EACH
       &END
      &END
    &END SCF

    &XC
      &XC_FUNCTIONAL BLYP
      &END XC_FUNCTIONAL
      &XC_GRID
       XC_DERIV NN10_SMOOTH
       XC_SMOOTH_RHO NN10
      &END XC_GRID
      &vdW_POTENTIAL
        DISPERSION_FUNCTIONAL PAIR_POTENTIAL
         &PAIR_POTENTIAL
            PARAMETER_FILE_NAME dftd3.dat
               TYPE DFTD3
               REFERENCE_FUNCTIONAL BLYP
        &END PAIR_POTENTIAL
     &END vdW_POTENTIAL
    &END XC
    &POISSON
      PERIODIC xyz
      POISSON_SOLVER PERIODIC
    &END POISSON
  &END DFT
  &SUBSYS
    &CELL
      ABC 19.3457 19.3457 19.3457
      PERIODIC xyz
    &END CELL
    &TOPOLOGY
      COORD_FILE_NAME npt.xyz
      COORD_FILE_FORMAT XYZ
    &END TOPOLOGY
    &KIND H
      BASIS_SET TZV2P-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q1
    &END KIND
    &KIND Al
      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q3
    &END KIND
    &KIND F
      BASIS_SET TZVP-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q7
    &END KIND
    &KIND O
      BASIS_SET TZVP-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q6
    &END KIND
    &KIND C
      BASIS_SET TZVP-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q4
    &END KIND
    &KIND S
      BASIS_SET TZVP-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q6
    &END KIND
    &KIND N
      BASIS_SET TZVP-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-BLYP-q5
    &END KIND
   &END SUBSYS
&END FORCE_EVAL

&GLOBAL
  PROJECT IL_nvt
  RUN_TYPE MD
  PRINT_LEVEL LOW
  FFTW_PLAN_TYPE EXHAUSTIVE
&END GLOBAL
&MOTION
 &MD
  ENSEMBLE NVT
  STEPS 2000
  TIMESTEP 0.5
  &THERMOSTAT
   TYPE NOSE
   REGION MASSIVE
   &NOSE
    TIMECON 10.00
   &END NOSE
  &END THERMOSTAT
  TEMPERATURE 303
 &END MD
  &PRINT
   &TRAJECTORY
     &EACH
       MD 1
     &END EACH
   &END TRAJECTORY
   &VELOCITIES OFF
   &END VELOCITIES
   &FORCES OFF
   &END FORCES
   &RESTART_HISTORY
     &EACH
       MD 500
     &END EACH
   &END RESTART_HISTORY
   &RESTART
     BACKUP_COPIES 3
     &EACH
       MD 1
     &END EACH
   &END RESTART
  &END PRINT
&END
&EXT_RESTART
  RESTART_FILE_NAME nvt-1.restart
&END

Marcella Iannuzzi

Nov 27, 2022, 4:46:45 AM11/27/22
to cp2k
Dear Dmitrii

The parameters are determined by testing.
One has to find the conditions for which the  noise term generates the correct average temperature, as measured by the equipartition theorem.
This leads to the correct sampling.
Gamma should be small, as long as the error in the forces is small. Under these conditions the dynamical properties are  correct.
The first term of comparison to determine the accuracy of the SGCP description is obtained from the deviations in  energy  and  forces  with  respect  to  the  BO  values  at the same coordinates.
The force deviation has to have a vanishing average, and also that the distribution of errors should be Gaussian.

Regards
Marcella

DMITRII Drugov

Nov 29, 2022, 5:32:51 AM11/29/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Marcella,

Thank you for this information.
Let's see how it goes.
I will keep you posted if something comes up.

Kind regards,
Dmitrii

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/1aec134c-2ae7-4345-acff-dc0849c5d905n%40googlegroups.com.

Moon Moon

Dec 29, 2022, 7:25:08 PM12/29/22
to cp2k
Dear lannuzzi

Thank you for careful comments on SGCP settings.
As you said, the accuracy of the SGCP should be determined by comparing with BO values at the same coordinates.
But even among BO simulations with different parameters, the lines of energy and forces may change.
So how can I compare SGCP values with BO values ?

Moon

Marcella Iannuzzi

Dec 30, 2022, 6:10:04 AM12/30/22
to cp2k
Dear Moon

this is not true, obviously we are talking of same computational settings, as basis sets, cutoff, pseudo potential etc.
In this case the forces should be the same but for the sgcp deviation, which anyway should be normally distributed.

Kind regards
Marcella

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted