out-of-source installation

Ronald Rahaman

Sep 22, 2022, 11:15:00 AM9/22/22
to cp2k
I'd like to install cp2k out-of-source.  I'm starting with `./install_cp2k_toolchain.sh`, as described in the docs.  Is it safe to edit INSTALLDIR in at the top of the script?

```
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Work directories and used files
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
export ROOTDIR="${PWD}"
export SCRIPTDIR="${ROOTDIR}/scripts"
export BUILDDIR="${ROOTDIR}/build"
export INSTALLDIR="${ROOTDIR}/install"
export SETUPFILE="${INSTALLDIR}/setup"
export SHA256_CHECKSUM="${SCRIPTDIR}/checksums.sha256"
export ARCH_FILE_TEMPLATE="${SCRIPTDIR}/arch_base.tmpl"
```

Many thanks,
Ron

--------
Ron Rahaman
Research Scientist II, Research Software Engineer
Partnership for an Advanced Computing Environment (PACE)
Georgia Institute of Technology

Matt Watkins

Sep 23, 2022, 9:20:07 AM9/23/22
to cp2k
Probably better to stick to changing directory to where you want to build. I suspect you'd run into problems further on if you change it.