natural transition orbitals

Victor Volkov

May 16, 2022, 3:29:32 AM5/16/22
to cp2k
Good day.
Is it possible to ask CP2K, upon tddft,
to write cube files in hole-particle basis
according to
DOI: 10.1098/rspa.1961.0175
DOI: 10.1063/1.1558471
Thank you.
Victor

Jürg Hutter

May 16, 2022, 7:03:52 AM5/16/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

there is a new feature :
FORCE_EVAL / PROPERTIES / TDDFPT / PRINT / NTO_ANALYSIS
that implements this option.
Use with care, this is very new and not well tested.

regards

Juerg Hutter

May 16, 2022, 7:36:46 AM5/16/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much, dear Dr. Hutter.
Sincerely,
Victor

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/ZR0P278MB075934A40D01CADBDFEC72549FCF9%40ZR0P278MB0759.CHEP278.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

Tian Lu

May 17, 2022, 1:53:30 AM5/17/22
to cp2k

Hello,

Recently my code Multiwfn (http://sobereva.com/multiwfn) has supported calculating hole and electron distributions based on output file of CP2K TDDFT task and the .molden file produced at the same time. Please check my post "Using CP2K in combination with Multiwfn to simulate UV-Vis spectrum and study electronic excited states for periodic systems" http://sobereva.com/634 (written in Chinese, you may temporarily use Google translator. English version will be available in the future).

The hole-electron analysis theory realized in Multiwfn was briefly mentioned in supplementary information of my work Carbon 165 (2020) 461-467, and much more details can be found in Section 3.21.1 of Multiwfn manual. I frequently found NTO is almost useless for periodic systems, because there is no dominant NTO pair for the studied excitations. In contrast, the hole and electron given by Multiwfn are strict and ideal for all situations, namely the excitation can always be fully represented by hole->electron transition.

Best regards,

Tian Lu