Plans to build Sharepoint file management on top of MS Graph

John Nickell

Nov 10, 2021, 1:52:09 PM11/10/21
to COZYROC
The current recommended connection for Office 365 is to use Graph.  I'm still getting started but it seems like this means I need to 'recreate' the functionality that exists within the Sharepoint Source/Destination tools.

Are there any plans to build a new version of the Sharepoint Source/Destination tools that could leverage a properly setup Azure App registration.  I recognize that you'd need to do more than use a username/password on setup.

Thanks!

Ivan Peev

Nov 11, 2021, 1:36:57 PM11/11/21
to COZYROC
Hi John,

Starting with 2.1 version, you have to use Microsoft Graph REST configuration to work with SharePoint. Please give it a try.

John Nickell

Nov 12, 2021, 6:23:12 AM11/12/21
to COZYROC
Hi Ivan,
  I see that and I'm trying to work through getting connected with Graph and beginning that process (have a support ticket open on the issue I keep running into getting a token). However one of the reasons we chose CozyRoc initially was a certain level of 'ease' that it provided.

The former Sharepoint connecter handled a lot of the "figure out how to do 'x'" with Sharepoint. It's my perception at this point that once I do finally get connected with Graph, then I still will need to figure out how to construct all the steps that the Sharepoint connector provided out of the box.

At this stage I'm a little daunted by the idea of file upload/download/delete that I know I need to get to when it's taken me this much to 'just get connected'.

My goal with the thread was to see if there was any intent to build a comparable solution utilizing Graph.