Problem with Azure DevOps Rest Connection

rpinto

Jan 4, 2021, 9:23:48 AM1/4/21
to COZYROC

Hello Community,

I'm struggling to set up a REST Connection to Azure DevOps.

Can you help me on this?

I created a new REST Connection with the following parameters:

Server Settings:

  • Server: https://dev.azure.com/<instance>/project/_apis/wit
  • PAT: The personal access token from my account in Azure DevOps (I'll have a service account but for the PoC I use my personal token)

And the configuration for the connection:

  • Base URL: https://dev.azure.com/<instance>/project/_apis/wit
  • Authentication:
    • User parameter: Name = PAT
    • Parameter: value = Basic {{=Base64.encode(connection.user.PAT)}}
  • Resources (operation Read):
    • Fields: I pasted the GET URL directly in the browser and got the JSON. In the configuration editor I used the Init from JSON feature to specify the parameters.
    • endpoint URL = /workitems/{{=parameters.wi}}
    • endpoint Method = GET
    • I pasted the URL generated from the "Test HTTP Request and HTTP Response Processing" directly in the browser and it worked (I received the JSON with the data)

The configuration of the Rest Source:

  • Connection, resource, endpoint chosen
  • parameters: wi = <id of the workitem>
  • in the columns link I have all the columns
  • When I go to the preview, I don't have any data

Same thing when I execute the package: I do not receive any data.

Is there any problem with the authentication? I tried also with basic authentication, but it didn’t work.

Do you have a tutorial for Azure DevOps REST calls?

It should be straightforward, but I am struggling to configure it.

I want also to update a work item status, but I was just trying to test if the connection to Azure DevOps works.

Thanks,

Renato Pinto