Parameterizing Basic Auth Credentials for REST Source Connection Manager

Kyle Quinn

May 21, 2021, 7:20:12 AM5/21/21
to COZYROC
Hi,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to parameterize the User and Password fields of a REST Source Connection manager that uses Basic authentication, because. I don't see properties available to set for these fields. This particular connection manager uses the "Jira" configuration. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

KYle

Ivan Peev

May 22, 2021, 8:59:51 AM5/22/21
to COZYROC
Hi Kyle,

Please the KB article posted here.

Kyle Quinn

May 24, 2021, 12:24:47 PM5/24/21
to COZYROC
Ivan,

Thanks for your reply. I had looked this article over a couple of times but couldn't get the steps to work for the username of a REST connection manager using the "Jira" configuration. I finally realized that configuration uses the "Name" variable as the user name instead of "Username". Once I updated the connection manager UserConfiguration expression to reflection this difference everything worked as expected. For whatever it's worth, it might be helpful to remain consisted with this.

Thank for the help,

Kyle