June 2014: Some news about the Cozy Project

Frank Rousseau

Jun 26, 2014, 12:55:17 PM6/26/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Here are the latest news about the Cozy project:

Community

The community was very helpful in May with more issues and more bug fixes.
- Arnaud Vazard (https://github.com/vaz-ar) improved the setup script tests. Now they can be run on 4 different platforms thanks to Vagrant. We expect to run a continuous integration of the script based on these new tests.
- Jim Lehmer (https://github.com/dullroar/) reported a security on Files app and gave us some improvements ideas in the File application.
- Marc Poulihès (https://github.com/dkm) still reported many bugs in the Files and Photos applications
- Harlan T Wood corrected English grammar on the Cozy.io website.

More stuff:
- We made some goodies: stickers, tee-shirts and mugs. I expect to write more about it in the upcoming weeks, but if you are already interested, let us know!
- Joseph and Romain performed talks at LyonJS about ReactJS, build tools, Callback Hell, etc.
- Lucas is preparing a self-hosted forum based on Discourse. It should replace that forum. I'tll tell you more soon.

Files Application

There were many many changes to the Files application, here are the major ones:

- Romain published the Android application.
- Joseph refactored the client side of the File Application
- Joseph fixed many bugs and improved the sorting (folders stay on top).
- Joseph added a "share" icon to the current folder view.
- Zoé and Alexis did testing and debugging for big or numeroous file uploads.
- Frank added the capability to move a File.

Others

- Alexis fixed the logout that broke all opened sessions when performed.
- Romain performed some fixes in the Webdav application (renamed to Sync).
- Frank and Joseph Fixed the development environment.
- Frank improved the Cozy.io website.
- Frank improved the Photos app style.
- Frank changed icons for official application in the Cozy Home and updated the list of available application.

Work In Progress

- Zoé is refactoring the Cozy Controller

The rest of the team work on Files app and files management. The task is a lot more complex than we thought (no joke allowed ;)).

Thank you for your attention,

Frank