Can Coypu be combined with Bumblebee or Seleno?

circa.1741

Nov 19, 2014, 6:01:20 PM11/19/14
to co...@googlegroups.com
I am wondering if it is possible to combine Coypu with Bumblebee or Seleno.

https://github.com/patrickherrmann/Bumblebee/wiki

https://github.com/TestStack/TestStack.Seleno

Thanks

Adrian Longley

Nov 19, 2014, 6:29:43 PM11/19/14
to co...@googlegroups.com
I think it would be down to those projects to support Coypu as an alternative to native selenium.

My personal experience is that selenium via Coypu is terse enough that I can easily abstract a DSL to my application without needing some Page Object framework or other. Sounds like another dependency that I'm not sure you need on top of Coypu just to abstract some classes + methods to describe what your app does. and isolate that from Browser automation commands.

But yeah, if you wanted to combine these it sounds like you need to think about contributing to these projects and introducing a seam where selenium or Coypu could be switched out.

I'd go with Resharper > extract method if it were me though :)