Coypu FillIn Method not working with chrome or IE driver stand alone

Seth Dobson

May 4, 2015, 4:37:53 PM5/4/15
to co...@googlegroups.com
All, I am really confused on this one. I have been using Coypu for about 9 months and the company I work for with great success. We are implementing a selenium grid and noticed that when we execute our tests against the grid the fillin, clickbutton, etc. methods we all love from coypu do not work for IEdriver and chromedriver. The methods do work however for Firefoxdriver both on the grid and locally, and yes the version of chrome driver we use is the same across the grid and our locals.

I have analyzed the xpath generated in the selenium logs and it appears to be the same regardless of the driver used, however chromedriver and Iedriver don't like it. This gets even weirder because when we execute the tests locally against chromedriver or IEdriver (as in we have coypu launch the driver server) the tests run without any problem.

I have created a sample project that should show off this phenomenon. I've uploaded the project to my google drive which is linked below. Please make sure that you launch chrome driver (port 9515 which should be default) before launching the tests.

The first test should result in a pass with google chrome searching for coypu. The second test is where we have issues as it will fail to find the search field.

Let me know what we have done wrong here as my eyes are bleeding from reading all the coypu, selenium, chromedriver, and iedriver source code to no avail.

.7z file

.zip file

Thank you,

Seth