Lewis and Barb program beginning next Sat Sept 10-11

Nita Renfrew

Sep 4, 2016, 11:55:26 AM9/4/16
to Coyotewisdom/group

Hello Fellow Coyotes,
As the facilitator of the North American Healing Arts (NAHA) program being held at the Center for the Advancement of Therapeutic Arts (CATA), I want to remind you that the first of the exciting 14 weekends ahead—featuring Indigenous Body Work, Osteopathic, and Sound Healing—will take place September 10-11:

Introduction and Overview of Indigenous Healing Systems and
Indigenous North American Body Work

I will be coordinating the NAHA program, as well as being an instructor, with Barbara Mainguy, for the Great Bear Reiki weekend November 5-6, and an assistant instructor for the rest of the program, along with Reggie Ceaser, LI Matinecock Medicine Chief, Turkey Clan.
I consider myself to be privileged to be a part of this truly unique program, where Lewis Mehl-Madrona (Cherokee/Lakota), for the first time, is teaching the Indigenous bodywork (that was the basis for Andrew Taylor Still’s Osteopathy) in great depth over an extended period of time. Along with the Indigenous body work, there will be the osteopathic techniques that mirror the original body work, with Joseph Schmidlin; and John Beaulieu’s sonic body work (incorporating a form of visioning learned from a Hopi elder), with tuning forks, also a North American healing art.
I believe you will find that you as well as your healing and body work, working with the energy of this land, will be transformed by this experience, as mine has been over the years. Also, I want to remind you that you can sign up for the entire program, at a substantial savings, or for 4 weekends (one with each teacher), or for individual weekends. (The complete information is on the website below.)
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me by email or phone (212-879-3961 after 11am). Also, feel free to share this information with anyone you believe might be interested.
Many blessings,

Nita Renfrew
Facilitator, NAHA Program
P.S.
Attached is a copy of my article on the origins of Osteopathy in Indigenous body work.

_Traditional_American_Indian_Bodywork_Renfrew.doc