Open House with Lewis Mehl-Madrona (indigenous bodywork), and Early Bird Reminder

Nita Renfrew

Jul 26, 2016, 2:58:21 PM7/26/16
to Coyotewisdom/group

Open House with Lewis Mehl-Madrona (indigenous bodywork), and Early Bird Reminder

Greetings, Friends, Colleagues, Classmates, Schoolmates:

As most of you know, I am facilitating a 14 month certification course (1 weekend a month) which we have titled North American Healing Arts (NAHA), the bulk of which is being taught by Lewis Mehl-Madrona MD, PhD (Cherokee/Lakota heritage) and Barbara Mainguy MFA MA, and focuses on indigenous North American bodywork, which was the basis for Andrew Taylor Still’s Osteopathy, and his students’ Polarity and Craniosacral Therapy. He will be assisted by Sagamore Matinecock Medicine Chief Reggie Ceasar. In addition, there will be three modules taught by osteopath Joseph Schmidlin DO MTP, and one weekend with sound healer John Beaulieu ND PhD, as well as one weekend of Great Bear (Big Dipper) Reiki, taught by myself and Barbara Mainguy.

This is an invitation to attend a friendly gathering and free presentation by Lewis and Barb, as well as Reggie and myself, at CATA, 122 West 26 St. #701, on Saturday August 13, 2-5 pm.

Whether you are a narrative healer, a body-centered psychotherapist, a chiropractor, an osteopath, a shamanic healer, an energy healer, a polarity or craniosacral therapist, an acupuncturist, or a massage therapist, this is a very sepcial opportunity to learn indigenous healing and bodywork, and in so doing, deepen your practice and connect with the land here, and with First Nations traditional healing practices. If you are a polarity or craniosacral therapist, you will find this course especially significant, and a natural next step.

You can read more about the course, and the individual descriptions, on the CATA website:
(You need to click on the next page, where you will see the short curriculum and information regarding the Early Bird discount available through August 1, and then click on the FULL 2016-2017 CURRICULUM, in orange, for the descriptions of the individual weekends.)

I hope to see you on Saturday the 13th, or later for the entire course, or one or more weekends.
If you have and questions, please contact me.

Many blessings,
Nita Renfrew
Facilitator and Assistant Instructor/ NAHA Training