4th Annual Bone Bender 3/6 Hour MTB Odyssey

Cross Guru

Feb 9, 2012, 3:38:31 PM2/9/12
to CowTownCycling
The Cow Town Cycling Team presents:

The 4th Annual Bone Bender 3/6 Hour MTB Odyssey. Come join 300 off-
road enthusiasts as they test themselves on the North Shore Trail
System. 3 or 6 hours of fun - your choice. Come enjoy some of the
sweetest and challenging trails in the Midwest. Party with your
friends and just have a grand old time.

Why we do this: Besides riding our bikes on sweet trail systems and
having a great time, we hold the Bone Bender each year to raise
money. This year we are challenging ourselves and YOU to reach the
$10,000.00 raised mark. Over the last three years monies raised has
gone to the Earth Riders Trails Association (ERTA), Kansas Trails
Council (KTA), Kansas Parks and the Lawrence Mountain Bike Club.

Good stuff for this year: Chip timing, Dri-Fit t-shirts, ability
level divisions (Open, Sport, Tour), Junior class return for 2012,
Clydesdale, Masters 50+ & Single Speed divisions, custom awards, huge
payouts to the Men’s and Women’s open divisions (Top 5), and a feast
by Pot Pie.

Course: The BB36 will feature 10 to 13 mile course (depending on
course conditions) comprised of rocky technical sections with many
short power climbs and miles of fun single track. Several areas will
cross rocky stream beds. Other areas will have fast easy sections for
passing. All this along North shore of Clinton Lake which ranked
amount the best trails systems in the Midwest

Venue: Clinton State Park is a 1500 acres park located on the
northeast shore of Clinton Reservoir just outside of Lawrence, Kansas
and features a 23 mile hike/bike trail, 5 mile cross country ski
trail, 1 mile self-guided nature trail, archery range, swim beach,
sand volleyball, 2 9-hole disc golf courses, 5 acre trout pond, 1 acre
children’s fishing pond, accessible shoreline use trail, fish cleaning
station and 2 fish feeders, 4 playgrounds and 460 camping sites are
available (240 with electric and water).

Registration is now open. 300 general entry limit. Early Bird Entry
ends 2/29/12 so register today and save. Regular registration to
guarantee t-shirt & socks ends 4/1/12.

Register: http://www.prerace.com/races/event/31173/Bone-Bender-3-6-Hour-MTB-Odyssey-Lawrence-KS

Bone Bender 3/6 Hour MTB Odyssey
April 15, 2012