Special September Meeting THIS WEEK Wednesday 14th

Timmy Crawford

Sep 12, 2011, 12:25:09 PM9/12/11
to Central Oregon Web Professionals Usergroup (COWPU)
In light of Ignite being on the last Wednesday of this month, we are
holding our monthly meeting this week, September 14th at 5:30 PM at
G5. Simeon Bateman will be cruising down from PDX to talk about
Node.js. Should be a fantastic talk:

Title: Node.js and You

Node.js is the hottest thing the tech world has had to talk about this
year. In case you didn't know, Node.js is a server platform for
application development that makes building high-availability APIs and
real-time applications really simple. And the best news is that you
code for it with JavaScript. In this session, learn what Node.js is
and what it means to use a nonblocking infrastructure. We'll talk
about why JavaScript is well suited to this kind of environment, and
then we'll show how to leverage Node.js to build applications for the
browser, mobile, and beyond.

About The Presenter:
Simeon Bateman has been working with web and mobile development for 12
years. He's enthusiastic about new and emerging technologies and takes
great pleasure in helping others learn and use the best products and
techniques. A long-time trainer, blogger, and community evangelist,
Simeon calls Portland, Oregon home, where he snowboards, drinks micro-
brew, and enjoys time with his family.