Friday: W'Burg CoWorking Open House + Happy Hour(s)

beka economopoulos

Sep 19, 2007, 8:48:13 PM9/19/07
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, cowork...@googlegroups.com
Williamsburg Co-Working Open House and Happy Hour
Friday, September 21
10-5pm Open House
5-7pm Happy Hour(s)

@ The Change You Want To See Gallery and Convergence Stage
84 Havemeyer Street, at Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11211

Hey there,

The Change You Want To See Gallery hosts evening programming pertaining to art, technology, activism, and academia.  Recent events include Glowlab's Conflux Festival, ITP's Tactical Media Conference, and presentations by The Yes Men, the Freegan activists, artist Giana Gonazalez, and filmmaker Astra Taylor.

During the day we host Williamsburg Co-Working – a cafe-like community and collaborative work space.  Since we've recently renovated and expanded we're taking on new co-workers starting in October, and you're invited to scope out the scene this Friday.  Come work during the day, and/or join us in the evening for drinks and cocktails.

More info below – forward freely.

Tired of complaining to your cat about broken code or a bad client?
Wondering what is the next wave of social software?
Looking for an invigorating environment to call an "office?"

You are invited to Williamsburg Co-Working's open house and happy hour!

Break free from hourly coffee purchases and grab a slice of Williamsburg's alternative working community – co-working at The Change You Want to See Gallery - a cafe-like community and collaboration space for developers, writers and independents.  These types of grassroots coworking spaces are popping up all over the world, from San Francisco, to Paris, to a few here in New York City...

Join us this Friday, 21 September. From 10 am to 5pm, our doors will be open for anyone to come on by and give us a try. Bring a laptop, a snack or two, manuscript, screenplay, or killer app and leave the cats behind.

From 5pm to 7pm, we will host a happy hour(s)! Bring a treat or two and get ready to let your hair down.

Who are we? Writers, Programmers, Organizers, Artists, Theorists, Activists, Bloggers, and Adventure Seekers...

When you join the coworking space you get:
• a community of like minded folks
• an affordable monthly rate (and options by the day)
• a flux of interesting people
• networking and expertise
• free wifi
• printer and scanner
• coffee
• beer-o-clock
• quiet focused work environment with a dose of social thrown in

If you have questions feel free to email us at info[at]thechangeyouwanttosee[dot]org

Cost: Free!!!
When: Friday, 21 September, Open House: 10am-5pm, Happy Hour: 5pm-7pm
Where: The Change You Want to See Gallery, 84 Havemeyer, Willamsburg, Brooklyn