Unique Co-working space in Williamsburg

1 view

polly

Aug 1, 2008, 9:11:51 AM8/1/08
to CoworkingNYC
Hello co-workers,

I am just joining, having been checking out the co-working and Jelly
community since moving to the New York area. I have an idea for a
cool co-working place that I think would be really neat.

I own a small business and we operate out of a commercial loft in
South Williamsburg. We divided off about 900 square feet (divided
meaning it's a complete space - separated by a wall and door/lock) and
are trying to rent it out. We have thought of renting to an
individual, but I thought it would be really cool if we could find 4-6
people who are interested in a kind of co-op working arrangement.

It would be, like, the next step for people who are looking for some
office space, but don't want to be deal with a whole office/rent and
supplies and would want to combine forces with each other. Tenants
would be responsible for working out the logistics and arrangements
together - it's just a white box as is, so you'd need desks and
internet (they just put fios boxes in, so that should be here soon!)
and everything else.

It's a beautiful building from the late 1800s full of artists and
design people, with freight elevators and incredible views of the
bridge. The space gets north & east exposure. It's at South 11th and
Berry, which is a few blocks south of great stuff. JMZ or B61 or
bike!

We need to get between 2000-2500/month for the whole place, so you can
do the math - it would work out to 400-500/person.

There are pictures. . . http://antfood.com/sublet/South11/

Is anyone into this idea? Or do you know anyone?