10 Day Passes for the Month - How to control this?

Susan

Apr 15, 2019, 4:33:06 AM4/15/19
to Coworking
Hello, I would like to implement a month to month membership where a member can work any 10 days in the month. How would one monitor or control the use of the space so that he/she doesn't go over 10 days?

I know Office RnD has a feature where they can check themselves in and out. What if they forget to do this?

Also we have a biometrics system, meaning that member will have 100% access to any day of the week when in fact its only 10 days of the month?

Any ideas or solutions to monitor this?

Robert Campbell

Apr 15, 2019, 12:14:34 PM4/15/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Susan-

I built a custom RFID system, while I don't know explicitly how your system works, what I would suggest, and this would be work on your side unfortunately, would be a manual audit of logs/entries from your biometric system. If you can determine how the logged entries are viewed and retrieved (web login?, proprietary app?), I can perhaps suggest some additional tools that may help.

Since we don't offer the same plan, though we might, I know I can implement something to support this with a little effort in the custom system I've built. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

  -Robert

Sent from my U.S. Robotics Pilot 5000

Alejandro Moreno

Apr 15, 2019, 12:33:33 PM4/15/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Most coworking management system programs have a Wi Fi check-in option.

So each time they log in to the Wi Fi, the system logs it and will tell you. You can look up the report at any time during the month to figure out how many times member X came into your space to use Wi Fi.

The good thing about this is it bypasses the ''what if they forget to check in'' conundrum, because they pretty much guaranteed will be using your Wi Fi.

Alex Linsker

Jul 4, 2019, 8:59:54 PM7/4/19
to Coworking
I tell people it's an honor system, they self track. Works great. We have Community Guidelines (a code of conduct) which filters out people who can't do this before they would join.

One person for one month went over one time and that was clear that month. I think in years, that's the only time that happened.

We have 3 hours per day included no charge in conference rooms/phone rooms/building areas outside our suite, and violations of that have been more common but also rare.