anyone used TriNet for healthcare and HR services for members?

Scott Tillitt / BEAHIVE

Apr 10, 2019, 3:33:53 PM4/10/19
to Coworking group
I just signed up for GCUC membership specifically so I could access TriNet, a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) that provides co-branded, discounted full-service HR services to clients, which in all of our case, would be coworking space staff and our members.

Services include healthcare, workers’ comp, payroll services, employee benefits, employment practices risk management, and a dedicated HR team.

It’s free for coworking spaces to offer; whomever uses their services pays.

Has anyone used TriNet? Is it beneficial? Are your members using them? How are the rates?

For that matter, has anyone signed up for GCUC membership? Is it useful otherwise?

Thanks!
scott.

  - --    -
SCOTT TILLITT
PR yogi + social entrepreneur + community catalyst + meditator
//  Facebook  /  LinkedIn  //  917.449.6356

BEAHIVE  //  pioneering spaces for work + community + possibilities

ANTIDOTE COLLECTIVE  //  communications + projects for a better world

  - --    -  t h i n k / f e e l  -    -- -
"...an idea or product that deserves the label 'creative' arises from the synergy of many sources and not only from the mind of a single person." — Mihaly Csikszentmihaly

Jerome Chang

Apr 10, 2019, 3:35:46 PM4/10/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Yes. We just changed over from Insperity for our 18 employees. So much better and cheaper

Jerome

David Weekly

Apr 10, 2019, 4:00:32 PM4/10/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
How does it compare with Gusto?

Cheers,
 David E. Weekly (@dweekly)

Jerome Chang

Apr 10, 2019, 4:13:08 PM4/10/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Totally different.
Gusto is a payroll platform with which others may provide add-ons for insurance, etc

TriNet is like joining a large corp to get a bundle of intergrated items like insurance. To your local employment agency, you don't even exist as a separate tax entity as you fold into TriNet

Jerome

Scott Tillitt / BEAHIVE

Apr 10, 2019, 6:51:46 PM4/10/19
to Coworking
Do you offer it to members, too? And do they take advantage?

Jerome Chang

Apr 10, 2019, 7:27:14 PM4/10/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Yes we do.
1 signed up.
However, we have not put in sufficient effort to market it.

JEROME CHANG

Santa Monica | DTLA

Pasadena
NOW OPEN: Larchmont
OPENING SOON: Irvine

Long Beach
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to coworking+...@googlegroups.com.

Adolfo Taylhardat

Apr 11, 2019, 7:00:54 AM4/11/19
to Coworking
Is it valid for any state?

Scott Tillitt / BEAHIVE

Apr 11, 2019, 9:18:11 AM4/11/19
to Coworking group
As far as I know, but you’d have to ask TriNet.

Marion roger

Apr 11, 2019, 9:18:11 AM4/11/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I was General Manager for N America for a french startup and we had our offices at The Yard (Flatiron location) NYC.  I had 5 employees in USA and no HR no legal no payroll and we used TriNet

As a manager loved being able to have trinet so I could attract good hires (in USA a company with 4 staff and me would normally not be able to offer health insurance etc

As a manager I loved having someone to phone to ask about legal issues if we had an employee who we needed to put on a performance improvement plan or to terminate or deal with ....

As a manager I loved having someone to phone to ask about a contract and get some legal advice....

As an employee I loved the dashboard to log in an self service for buying long term disability or Accidental death and dismemberment or just plain old life insurance...

As an employee I loved access to the visa card they would credit monthly so I could purchase my PATH train and MTA (NYC Subway) tickets at a savings

As an employee I loved the ability to purchase the FSA even though I was on my HUSBAND's AETNA from his insurer...I could purchase an FSA for me to have added $$ to pay for eyeglasses or whatever...

As a coworking space employee (March 2018-Jan 2019 SparkLabs NYC) I loved knowing that offering this to our tenants helped ensure they stayed longer...when you offer TriNet to your community members they may hesitate to swap locations if the other does not offer....so it is a great way to add value as part of the rental fee...the small companies that typically rent space in a coworking could never offer the type of benefits TriNet offers at the rate TriNet charges...they would go broke if they had to negotiate all these benefits on their own and would not opt to offer to their staff...

Marion ROGER

Jerome Chang

Apr 11, 2019, 10:20:28 AM4/11/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com