Coworking in the Park - Winter Park Central Park, 3/17

Ryan Price

Mar 10, 2015, 12:24:24 PM3/10/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gang!

It's been a while since this list has seen any action. I have a few announcements:

1. I set up http://orlandocoworking.com as a landing page, and included Chad's instructions on how to tweet @OrlandoCoworker and included links to this mailing list, the Coworking Wiki, and a few other useful pages. This page is a GitHub repo you can send a pull request to make a change: https://github.com/liberatr/liberatr.github.io

2. I also updated the Coworking Wiki to include Canvs and Catalyst, added links to Familab and Factur, and removed defunct spaces. http://wiki.coworking.org/w/page/16583640/CoworkingOrlando

3. Coworking anywhere, March 17th, Winter Park Central Park, morning -> lunch

Steve Matheny and I have been chatting about doing a "Coworking in the Park" publicity stunt that helps generate buzz for Orlando and raise awareness about Coworking. The weather is nice this time of year, and Steve likes the idea of Winter Park, since they have the SunRail stop and the awesome main street down Park Avenue. Steve has scoped out a spot near the SunRail station that should photograph well.
Photo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1186756/Winter%20Park%20Train.png

What is it? Who is it for? What do we put in the press release?

I suggest we collaborate on a Google Doc, here: http://bit.ly/1HvbLTA

Basically, Steve has a mobile hot spot (a serious unit, not just a MiFi) and we are going to roll out a wagon with a couple of batteries to show that "remote work" can travel. You should charge your laptop battery, and hope to make it to lunch. We'll do our regular Tuesday thing, with people floating in and out I'm sure.

There are lots of other details, but this should get the discussion going.

Peace,
Ryan Price
rpr...@ryanpricemedia.com
407-484-8528
@liberatr

FloridaCreatives.com Happy Hour
Mon 3/16 at the Falcon
http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Creatives-Happy-Hour/events/220250157/

Chad MILLER

Mar 10, 2015, 5:25:33 PM3/10/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Awesome changes and plans, Ryan. Thank you.

Nathan Selikoff

Mar 12, 2015, 2:48:32 PM3/12/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Love it, I will plan on seeing you next Tuesday. I don't know that you really have time to get the word out in the way that you want to (press release etc) for this first one, but I also saw in the Google Doc that you have a second one scheduled during tech week, which is great.

Adam Bellas

Mar 12, 2015, 4:14:41 PM3/12/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
I love this. Time for me to stop being a lurker - I think I'll come out for this!

- Adam

Alex Rudloff

Mar 12, 2015, 7:05:15 PM3/12/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Solid stuff, people. Solid stuff.

Tuesday's have been rough on my end for the last couple, of uh, years, but... one day!

Best,

Alex

ch...@chadcameron.com

Mar 12, 2015, 9:04:08 PM3/12/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Ryan,
I’m thinking you have the wrong month for the next gathering the splash page at http://orlandocoworking.com
Coworking in the Park:  Join us at the Winter Park SunRail station for a morning of coworking and lunch on Park Avenue.

Thanks and I hope to make it!

Chad Cameron

Ryan Price

Mar 16, 2015, 12:06:46 PM3/16/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chad, fixed the typo.

See you all tomorrow!

Nathan Selikoff

Mar 16, 2015, 5:44:55 PM3/16/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately an important shipment was delayed last week so I will be stuck at FACTUR tomorrow morning catching up on laser etching notebooks. Maybe I will run into some of you in the afternoon somewhere... I'll check the twitters.

Ryan Price

Mar 17, 2015, 10:42:16 AM3/17/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com

Here now, near the fountain! Wifi is rocking, I'm using it right now.

Jim Hathaway

Mar 17, 2015, 12:03:07 PM3/17/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Wish I were there ;)

Adam Bellas

Mar 17, 2015, 12:28:51 PM3/17/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Bah! Woke up on the wrong side of health today - guess I'm back to being just a lurker. I'm thrilled that you folks made this happen, and we'll see about the next one.

Cheers,
Adam

John Muller

Mar 17, 2015, 1:33:07 PM3/17/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Wish I was there brighthouse went down today.

John Muller

Sent from my iPhone

Ryan Price

Mar 17, 2015, 3:33:04 PM3/17/15