Discussion: New Community-Run Space

1 view

Ryan Price

Feb 16, 2010, 10:45:44 AM2/16/10
to Coworking-Orlando
If you're not down at Stardust today, you may want to drop by in the
afternoon. A woman named Julia Young from the Urban Think Foundation
(yes, just like the bookstore in Thornton Park) has been talking to me
about opening a new community-run space with some dedicated coworking
space, and she would like to meet people interested in Coworking.

We will be having a more formal informational meeting soon, but I told
her to come check out Coworking Tuesdays at Stardust and meet some
people here today.

She will be arriving "after lunch", and she has another meeting (at
Stardust) at 2:30, so, I'd say you want to be here before 2:30.

Peace,
Ryan Price
@liberatr
http://floridacreatives.com/group/coworking

James Tryon

Feb 16, 2010, 12:45:09 PM2/16/10
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Sounds Great!!!!

Thank you for your time,

James Tryon, Creative Director

Easily Amused, Inc.
http://www.EasilyAmusedInc.com
E: Ja...@easilyamusedinc.com

P: 407 278 5498
F: 407 286 0305

AIM Skype:
EasilyAmusedInc

Twitter: easilyamused
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/easilyamused
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/easilyamusedinc

> --
> .

Eric Marden

Feb 18, 2010, 3:19:47 AM2/18/10
to Coworking-Orlando
So what happened?

~e

Ryan Price

Feb 19, 2010, 1:41:58 PM2/19/10
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
I am having my third meeting with Julia at this very moment. Darren McDaniel (you may know him from Petentials) is here as well.

Darren has actually written a business plan up for a space he used to call the Creative Consortium, and we will be taking some notes from his idea.

Darren was involved with the Downtown Media Arts Center (DMAC) back at the beginning of this decade. You can hear more about Darren and DMAC in this handy podcast:

Peace,
Ryan Price
@liberatr

FloridaCreatives.com
Orlando Happy Hour: Mar 15th @ Crooked Bayou
Next Likemind: Feb 19th @ UrbanThink!

FL DrupalCamp: Feb 20th + 21st

James Tryon

Feb 19, 2010, 2:39:30 PM2/19/10
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Thats Great! I would love to hear more.

Thank you for your time,

James Tryon, Creative Director

Easily Amused, Inc.

AIM Skype:
EasilyAmusedInc

Twitter: easilyamused

Ryan Price

Feb 19, 2010, 4:05:12 PM2/19/10
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
We will be having an info meeting in the next 2 weeks or so. I'll probably pick out a date with Julia and Darren before we leave today.