Coworking in the Park - in front of Orlando City Hall?

Ryan Price

Apr 10, 2015, 8:06:46 AM4/10/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Thanks for such a successful Coworking in the Park last month. Right after I left Winter Park I headed over to Canvs, where I saw several people who knew about the event, but for whatever reason did not leave their bubble. They suggested I look for a location in downtown Orlando. I suggested that because we were next to the train station, we might as well have been.

I might be a sucker for peer pressure when it comes to these things, but what do you think about trying this in front of City Hall? Of course we could pick Lake Eola or Ivanhoe or a nice spot in College Park was brought up by an attendee last month. For that matter there is a park a block from my house, and I could bring my dogs to that one.

My suggestion remains City Hall / The Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center. We can ride the free LYMMO bus to other locations if we like, but I think the location will work. My main goal is to engage more of the community.

Your thoughts?

Peace,
Ryan Price
rpr...@ryanpricemedia.com
@liberatr

Ryan Price

Apr 13, 2015, 11:12:02 AM4/13/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Given Zero replies, let's keep it in Winter Park.

ch...@chadcameron.com

Apr 13, 2015, 12:39:56 PM4/13/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the dead air, Ryan (and all.)

In my opinion that last spot in WP was a bit noisy (though it was largely bad timing) and had limited cover or benches.
Also, it’s farther from me.

Here’s my vote:
Mead Botanical Garden, 1500 S Denning Dr
Winter Park, FL 32789
28.583703, -81.358407

It has a covered area with benches, public restrooms and is close to Winter Park and a little closer to downtown as it’s just 2 blocks off Mills/Orange before Lombardi’s.
It’s not as convenient to the train if that’s a key concern but it’s on the Urban Trail.

If train access is vital then I suspect there’s an spot in the area around  Florida Health Village/Lock Haven Park too.

Ryan Price

Apr 13, 2015, 2:01:42 PM4/13/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chad C!

Any thoughts on suggestion #1 of downtown Orlando, for the purposes of "Tech Week"?

At this point some automatic notices have gone out about the Winter Park event, so we'd have to make sure we were not derailing people from Meetup.com / etc by changing locations.

I think last month's noise was unfortunate, and mostly due to the date.

ch...@chadcameron.com

Apr 13, 2015, 2:04:27 PM4/13/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
We could do Constitution Green around and under that tree. It’s right by Envy of course.

Ryan Price

Apr 13, 2015, 4:55:44 PM4/13/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
I like that idea. I can ride my bike there, and the downtown people can take the Lymmo.

Ryan Price

Apr 13, 2015, 5:08:13 PM4/13/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
I will bring some chairs, show up by 9 or 9:30am. We will go to lunch.

ch...@chadcameron.com

Apr 13, 2015, 5:13:15 PM4/13/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Before I am the one that drags everyone out that way--My brother is in town and I have deadlines, so it’s not likely we’ll make it. Lunch at best, probably.

Adam Bellas

Apr 14, 2015, 11:51:01 PM4/14/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
I might be able to pull off a morning at Constitution Green. Might even have my own chair I can bring. I don't see a date mentioned in this thread (maybe I missed it) - when are we looking at this for?

- Adam

Ryan Price

Apr 15, 2015, 5:25:24 PM4/15/15
to Coworking Orlando
Hey Adam,

Sorry I didn't make that clear, we had this meetup yesterday. It was awesome.

I doubt we'll do many more of these in the summer. May is maybe the last month I would attempt it.

Adam Bellas

Apr 16, 2015, 4:06:05 PM4/16/15
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Dang it! Yes, true - it's getting hotter every day out there. And the rains are coming, too, which we wouldn't want to be caught outside in.

Thanks for the response!

Adam