We had a good meeting this afternoon! Here are the highlights.
• Beehive is now halfway through its third year, and is ready for new leadership! I just raised a significant funding round for my new company, 410Labs, and I need to devote 110% of my time to making it successful. Now is the time to let others take charge!
• Two organizations – the Emerging Technology Center (our host) and the Greater Baltimore Tech Council – will be taking an active role in Beehive. They both see the strategic value that coworking provides to our community and want to get involved with marketing and managing Beehive Baltimore.
• There is an opportunity for all members of the community to take an ownership stake in Beehive Baltimore LLC. If you would like to be engaged with Beehive Baltimore as an owner, please come to the next meeting on June 21.
• With these changes, there's a new opportunity to try cool new stuff and make changes that you think would make Beehive super-awesome!
With ETC and GBTC engaged, there's no telling what might be possible – so give us your wish list. Mike Brenner set up this Uservoice page for you to contribute your Beehive 3.0 ideas – http://bhivebmore.uservoice.com
• A major goal will be to have someone at the Beehive full-time, who is responsible for marketing, community, matchmaking, and event programming day-to-day. (This sounds something like the "Innovation Community Manager" position that Mike Subelsky recently championed.) We think that this opens up a lot of potential options.
Our next meeting will be on June 21 at 4:00pm. Show up. Join the conversation, and be part of the next phase of coworking in Baltimore!
Meantime, contribute your ideas!