Learn to program for the iPhone and iPad

Shawn Grimes

Feb 4, 2011, 11:24:13 AM2/4/11
to Coworking Baltimore
Hi gang,
I'm new here (I'll be starting at the hive next week) but Mike
Brenner suggested that I send out an email to the group and let them
know about the awesome iPhone Development class that I'm helping to
organize with Ray Wenderlich. The 2 day workshop provides an
introduction to programming for iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) and will
be held March 12th and 13th at the BWI Holiday Inn.

Visit http://ios101.eventbrite.com for details or feel free to email
me with questions.

The workshop is intended for beginners to iOS development or for those
who would like a refresher on their foundational knowledge. It will
focus on beginner UIKit topics only – not game programming or advanced
topics. Experience in software development or experience with C or
Objective-C will be beneficial to you as an attendee.

The workshop covers:
-How to choose the right Application template (or build from scratch!)
-How to make a simple iPhone app with a UIView and the most useful
controls
-How to respond to orientation changes
-How to use navigation controllers
-How to use table views – and make them look good!
-How to save application data (the right way for the right situation!)
-How to port your app to the iPad
-Using UISplitViewController and UIPopoverController
-And much more!