Job openings at ETC Company

Fulya

May 13, 2011, 3:10:13 PM5/13/11
to Coworking Baltimore
Firejack Technologies is working on the next generation of the
Internet. We are a Baltimore-based startup focused on bringing an
innovative development platform to businesses and consumers that might
normally not have the expertise and resources to build world-class
solutions. With our platform, we are dedicating ourselves to helping
our customers deliver truly superior Internet-based services and
applications that include unrivaled flexibility and powerful value-
added features that even large and established companies rarely
achieve. To that end, we are looking for exactly the right people to
be among the first to join us on our quest and help advance the great
work already underway.

Firejack Technologies, one of our newer companies, is looking for Java
Developer and web designer. If you know anyone who would be
interested, please feel free to share.

Thanks.
Fulya

Java and Web Developer
Firejack Technologies is searching for a talented Java and Internet
developer to join the team in our Baltimore office at the Emerging
Technology Center in Canton. In this position, you will work closely
with our founder and CEO on driving product direction and building and
advancing the core technology for our products. You will also work
directly with our customers and the rest of the product development
team in doing client-focused projects built on top of the Open Flame™
Platform. This customer interaction is critical to product development
and part of every platform team-member’s responsibility.

The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
and be able to demonstrate proficiency and experience with Java, HTML,
CSS, and Javascript. Familiarity with Spring, Hibernate, UML, and AJAX
or AJAX frameworks like JQuery and EXT-JS are also highly desired.
Knowledge of database design, SQL, and Unix is will be critical to
performing this role along with a familiarity with a Java-based IDE
like eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA. In addition, the candidate should be
familiar with Maven as a build and dependency-management system and
JUnit as a unit-testing framework and be comfortable working with an
agile, test-driven development process.

Web Designer / Graphic Designer
Firejack Technologies is searching for a talented web developer and
graphic designer to join the team in our Baltimore office at the
Emerging Technology Center in Canton. In this position, you will work
closely with our founder and CEO on sculpting product direction and
defining the face of our products and company through your creative
design skills. You will also work directly with the product
development team in translating conceptual designs into working HTML
and Javascript code that will power the customer-facing portions of
our product offerings. Creativity, drive, and a collaborative spirit
will be the chief criteria for finding the appropriate position.

The ideal candidate will have experience with Adobe Photoshop,
Illustrator, and Dreamweaver (or a like suite of tools) and
demonstrate the ability to produce original digital artwork, blend
existing art into new compositions, and translate design work into web-
ready HTML and CSS code. He or she should be comfortable with HTML,
div-based layout control, CSS, and display some familiarity with
Javascript. Comfort with AJAX-based application design concepts and
with frameworks such as JQuery and ext-js are also desired, or at
least a willingness to learn and adapt to what these tools have to
offer.

Some formal design training and training in HTML and CSS are desired
but not required.

Benefits will include 2 weeks of paid leave, a flexible work schedule,
telecommuting options, health benefits, and a 401k-contribution plan.

Candidates should contact Benjamin Miller, CEO directly at
ben.m...@firejack.net and include a resume and work samples if
possible to schedule an interview.