Beehive Community Update

David Troy

Sep 10, 2011, 12:16:29 PM9/10/11
to coworking...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

We hope everyone had a wonderful summer, and that you're back and ready for a busy and exciting fall!

We wanted to give you a quick update on goings-on at Beehive, since our member survey this summer. We have lots of good news.

  • Beehive is partnering with our host, the Emerging Technology Center, and Greater Baltimore Tech Council to create an even better place for you to work, network, and build your business.
  • Andrew Hazlett, the newly-appointed Innovation Community Manager at GBTC, will be making Beehive his base of operation starting Monday September 12. Andrew will be facilitating introductions and helping to building the Beehive community. In our member survey this summer, this was the most suggested enhancement, and now it's happening! Andrew will be a day-to-day presence at Beehive.
  • We'll be hosting a member meeting on September 28 at 4pm to talk about ideas for this fall and how Beehive, ETC, and GTBC can work together to make our community even stronger.

We're excited to start this next chapter in Baltimore's coworking community. Please remember, Beehive relies on your membership contributions to keep our community strong. Please visit http://beehivebaltimore.org/join to sign up for a monthly membership if you have not already done so, and we hope to see you on the 28th!

Sincerely,

David Troy,
Andrew Hazlett
and the Beehive community!

PS: a side project – if you use LinkedIn, consider contributing your network graph data to our "Mapper" project, which is looking to map connections in the broader Baltimore community. You can participate by going here: http://mapper.barcampbaltimore.org