Kalo te mesazhi i parë i palexuar

Suraj

e palexuar
2 korr 2012, 9:31:32 e paradites2.7.12
për Covalence
Hello guys,

We went today and still no luck. I had called them twice before going
and they said they were ready, with no other things to take care of.
However, only 2 of the 5 teachers showed up. That was pretty
discouraging and we requested them that we would take computer classes
for children instead of teacher's training.
It went well, actually. Some kids are really bright and it makes me
really happy to see them. :)
So, I think that's what the rest should do as of now. Conduct computer
classes for about 20 kids in the computer room. The first CPU does not
seem to be recognizing any keyboard, but apart from that all of the
others seem working. It's a little tricky to get the second one to
work, one has to select cause of problem as "System unresponsive". :D
I thought of dropping it altogether, but as GP ma'am said, "If not
anything else, we need to make our presence felt."
Anyone who's going should go there atleast 15mins or so early to get
used to those weird computers and make them work. And please plan some
kind of activity before going, could be any simple thing. Most kids
seem to know paint and almost everyone is interested in Baraha.

I'll work out something for next week and let you all know, so you can
use this week as a kind of "warm up" to get a feel of everything. :)
The time-table remains the same.

Suraj

e palexuar
2 korr 2012, 9:33:21 e paradites2.7.12
për Covalence
It's for 8th std kids, by the way.

sindhuja parimalarangan

e palexuar
3 korr 2012, 8:40:01 e paradites3.7.12
për cova...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

Computers could not be taught today as only two were functioning. Instead, Meghna and I taught spoken english. We taught them three basic questions and answers like "What class do you have now?" It was great fun and the kids responded very well. They tried forming their own sentences which were almost correct except for a few grammatical errors here and there. After a few more classes like this, we can move on to  reading simple books. One of the teachers asked if we could send any software personnel to repair the computers. In the two computers that worked, the children were able to go on to paint and start some drawing. So if we can make sure all the systems are working fine, the children can progress fast as they seem to grasp computer pretty well.

Regards,
Sindhuja

--
Thank you, on behalf of the children, for being part of the "Covalence" group.

Geetha Prakash

e palexuar
3 korr 2012, 9:41:19 e paradites3.7.12
për cova...@googlegroups.com
Good Evening
Thanks to all of you who have been at the school. I will try and see if we can get the computers serviced. But this can happen only next week. In the mean while, keep the classes going in whatever way possible. I will also try to talk to the teachers tomorrow and find why the response is not too good.
Regards
GP

Vijesh M

e palexuar
3 korr 2012, 10:35:18 e paradites3.7.12
për cova...@googlegroups.com
If the problem is related to software, I'll take care of it.

Suraj Srinivas

e palexuar
3 korr 2012, 10:45:32 e paradites3.7.12
për cova...@googlegroups.com

Most computers are actually working fine, but some have open office, etc and they don't have a normal version of Windows. We taught kids Openoffice draw, which is quite similar to paint. And Vijesh, I'd like to come with you the day you're going. :)
--
Regards,
Suraj Srinivas

Suraj Srinivas

e palexuar
3 korr 2012, 10:47:22 e paradites3.7.12
për cova...@googlegroups.com
I think we need to get a normal version of windows installed first.

--
Regards,
Suraj Srinivas

Vijesh M

e palexuar
3 korr 2012, 11:10:02 e paradites3.7.12
për cova...@googlegroups.com
Yeah sure.. I'm going on Thursday. So yeah, I'll text you about an hour before I leave. I havent taken a look at the status of the operating systems there. I'll take a look tomorrow or day after. Is that fine?

--
Regards,
Suraj Srinivas

--

Rahul Vittal

e palexuar
3 korr 2012, 1:09:51 e pasdites3.7.12
për cova...@googlegroups.com

We will try reinstalling the operating systems on the desktops, this Saturday. Do you think it will solve the issue?

Suraj Srinivas

e palexuar
3 korr 2012, 1:12:43 e pasdites3.7.12
për cova...@googlegroups.com
Not so simple. Windows server installed. Single CPU for  4 computers or so.

--
Regards,
Suraj Srinivas

Rahul Vittal

e palexuar
4 korr 2012, 11:44:42 e paradites4.7.12
për cova...@googlegroups.com

@suraj thanks for the heads up.

Whoever is going tomorrow to school, can you check with the school teachers about the availability of the original OS CD?

--

Vijesh M

e palexuar
4 korr 2012, 11:45:41 e paradites4.7.12