error in deploy course builder

info.k...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2018, 7:25:55 PM8/23/18
to Course Builder Forum
Hello there!

I want to work with course builder.. but it seems harder that I thought.
I have created my project in the Cloud Platform, in the App Engine. This later is empty by now. There's no code, prior to this I created a "hello world" project that runs perfectly, both locally and in the cloud.
In the Cloud Shell I run "gcloud info" and it has the correct info in the user, project and so on...

Locally, I have downloaded the course builder project 1.11.1 (the latest). I have modify the app.yaml with my project-id
Then, I installed the SDK, and set the gcloud with my credentials, project and so on..

Google Cloud SDK [213.0.0]
Platform: [Linux, x86_64]
Python Version: [2.7.12 (default, Dec  4 2017, 14:50:18)  [GCC 5.4.0 20160609]]

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04, by the way.

Until here, everything seems to be ok. In my course builder directory I run
bash ./scripts/common.sh
bash ./scripts/deploy.sh course-id

1) I got a 404 error... so I read somewhere run this
gcloud --project cursos-kuantics beta app create

2) I run again
bash ./scripts/deploy.sh course-id
Error 403: --- begin server output ---
--- end server output ---

Is there someone that could help to figure out what could be wrong or what can I do to deploy course builder... honestly I have days trying this and I'm about to give up, Google this time seems to let me down :(

* course builder works in my localhost

info.k...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2018, 5:15:09 PM8/31/18
to Course Builder Forum

Happens that there could be tow possible mistakes
1) when I install the pyCrypto I did it wrong and maybe it's causing trouble
2) my port 8000 is already used

How to fix any of those, no idea...
What I finally did, I installed everything again in a new Ubuntu installation. Everything worked perfectly...
It's a shame that it's not easy to say what the problem is...

Abdin Tarkmani

May 29, 2020, 5:56:12 AM5/29/20
to Course Builder Forum
hey there, I'm trying to follow same direction you took.

as I run the deploy command i get the following error:

11:52 AM Application deployment failed. Message: Deployments using appcfg are no longer supported. See https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/deprecations2020-05-29 11:52:01,813 ERROR appcfg.py:2577 Application deployment failed. Message: Deployments using appcfg are no longer supported. See https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/deprecations11:52 AM Rolling back the update.Could not start serving the given version.

how did you go about updating the deploy script & app.yaml to accommodate gcloud command?  any pointers would be super helpful.

thanks.