Modifying certificate Content

Harshad Deepak Deshpande

Dec 5, 2014, 9:30:30 AM12/5/14
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

How do I modify the certificate content I am generating for the students who are passing?

Currently it says google instead I want my logo there and also the content I would want to modify.

I have already deployed the course online.

Please help.

regards,
Harshad.

Robyn Im

Dec 5, 2014, 11:35:21 AM12/5/14
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harshad,

The certificate is an image, so you can manipulate the image to get it how you want.  The image is located in the following directory:

/modules/certificate/resources/images/cert.png

Harshad Deepak Deshpande

Dec 5, 2014, 10:30:13 PM12/5/14
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Robyn for your reply.

An extended query:

I can identify this location (suggested by you) on my PC but when I am online (my course is deployed), I am unable to locate it.

How do I now modify it when I am online now?

Thanks for all the help.

regards,
Harshad.

Harshad Deepak Deshpande

Dec 14, 2014, 12:17:44 PM12/14/14
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
I am still stuck with this. One option I found is to modifiy the file at the time of uploading itself. But what about when we
create new courses online? I have not got any other way.

How do I access: /modules/certificate/resources/images/cert.png online once the course is deployed?

Please help.

Jeannie Crowley

Dec 15, 2014, 4:00:34 PM12/15/14
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harshad,
You have to overwrite the file locally and then redeploy. I just tested it and there is good news--any customizations (both content created and source files edited) will not be overwritten when you redeploy. I had 10 files I changed after I deployed, and none of them lost the changes. The new certificate file was immediately available for use.

Hope this helps.
Jeannie

Harshad Deepak Deshpande

Dec 16, 2014, 12:24:40 AM12/16/14
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a ton Jeannie!

It has worked smoothly. I also found that it deployed just 1 file that I had modified without disturbing anything else.

It completes my first course that I can share publicly now!

regards,
Harshad.

Ghatji Ghatji

Jan 25, 2015, 12:33:11 PM1/25/15
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Hello jeanny,
how can i say which one are registred in the course?
i wanr have a email from User when they register to the course.
thanks

Jeannie Crowley

Jan 28, 2015, 10:55:25 AM1/28/15
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ghati,
You can see who has registered for the course by going to appspot.com>Select your application>Datastore Viewer>Select Namespace (the section of your course>Student.

Tasha Fern

Jul 15, 2020, 1:45:24 AM7/15/20
to Course Builder Forum
Hi Harshad,

I have the same issue of updating certificate.

Can I know what is the command to redeploy the course after updating the certificate template?

Thanks,
Tasha

Willian Cyber

Aug 15, 2022, 12:25:59 PM8/15/22
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Hello friend
Kindly send us a message on WhatsApp to help you with your hack request.