Can anybody tell me the exact steps of how to Deploying course builder?

Tejas Phase

Oct 4, 2016, 12:25:45 AM10/4/16
to Course Builder Forum
I downloaded all the related things like Python 2.7, Course builder 1.10 V. But now I am stuck upon how to deploy course builder to use it.
I gone through all the steps mentioned in "Deploy your app" page under "Set up course builder" menu. But these steps little bit confusing me. So can anybody tell me the step by step procedure for how to deploy it(like step 1 is this,step 2 is this etc..)
Please reply me asap...this is really urgent to me.
Thank you..

Mike Gainer

Oct 4, 2016, 10:47:46 AM10/4/16
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Our Windows support prior to the 1.11 release is pretty bad.  You want to:
- Run .../coursebuilder/scripts/windows_deploy.bat
  (or .../coursebuilder/scripts/windows_start_local.bat to try Course Builder out without deploying it to your App Engine instance)

Tejas Phase

Oct 5, 2016, 12:03:19 AM10/5/16
to Course Builder Forum
Thank You very much sir for replying me. But currently I created one project in cloud as per the direction mentioned on site unit named "Set up course builder". So sir what this step mean?
Actually Sir I am totally new to this platform & I have strong desire to design one MOOC for my Organisation. So Sir I request you to please help me to design this. You just tell me the steps,I will do it accordingly..If any documentation on this..please share with me on my Email: phase....@gmail.com.
Thank You...Waiting for your reply.

Mike Gainer

Oct 5, 2016, 10:26:59 AM10/5/16
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
- Run .../coursebuilder/scripts/windows_deploy.bat

That script will ask you the name of your App Engine project.  After deployment, you should be able to start setting up courses for yourself.

For example, if your project name is myproject:

2. Unzip that file to some directory.  Let's say you unzip it into C:\Users\tejas22\coursebuilder
3. Run C:\users\tejas22\coursebuilder\scripts\windows_deploy.bat  That script will ask:
   What is the name of the App Engine instance to deploy to?
   You should type in: myproject and hit Enter.
4. The script will run for a few minutes.  When it's done,
5. Take your browser to https://myproject.appspot.com  That should show you a screen inviting you to start using CB and then create your first course.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 9:25 PM, Tejas Phase <phase....@gmail.com> wrote:
I downloaded all the related things like Python 2.7, Course builder 1.10 V. But now I am stuck upon how to deploy course builder to use it.
I gone through all the steps mentioned in "Deploy your app" page under "Set up course builder" menu. But these steps little bit confusing me. So can anybody tell me the step by step procedure for how to deploy it(like step 1 is this,step 2 is this etc..)
Please reply me asap...this is really urgent to me.
Thank you..

Tejas Phase

Oct 5, 2016, 11:29:30 PM10/5/16
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
OK +Mike Sir. I will do accordingly as per your instructions. Really Thank you very much for supporting me for doing this. After building the course can I share it with you ? So that I will know from you where would be I wrong or in which sections I will need to make an improvement.
Once again Thanks for this.
Yours truly,
Tejas Phase

Tejas Phase

Oct 5, 2016, 11:30:34 PM10/5/16
to Course Builder Forum

Tejas Phase

Oct 7, 2016, 10:51:48 AM10/7/16
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Sir..I was performed all the things as per you mentioned in the steps. But after putting app engine engine instance (i.e.myproject)the script will run for a minute and ask me the "Verification code". So sir what should I put there?

Mike Gainer

Oct 7, 2016, 12:07:25 PM10/7/16
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Copy the link - the same one that's in the screenshot, and paste it into the URL bar in a new browser tab.
On that webpage, click to accept.
The web page will give you a verification code.
Copy that.
Paste that into the terminal window.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Tejas Phase <phase....@gmail.com> wrote:
Sir..I was performed all the things as per you mentioned in the steps. But after putting app engine engine instance (i.e.myproject)the script will run for a minute and ask me the "Verification code". So sir what should I put there?

Olufemi Shield

Aug 10, 2017, 3:47:09 PM8/10/17
to Course Builder Forum
Hello Mike,
Thank you for the clarification. After typing the name of my App Engine project at the request of the script, the script gets stuck downloading mathajax and eventually exits with a red line. What do you advice
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to course-builder-forum+unsub...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/course-builder-forum/6bf996f0-1406-405d-bbf1-5ccb9bbf4918%40googlegroups.com.

Mike Gainer

Aug 10, 2017, 5:15:27 PM8/10/17
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Hm.  You could try manually downloading the items from
(and creating the appropriate marker files to indicate that they were downloaded successfully.)

Olufemi Shield

Aug 11, 2017, 9:38:10 AM8/11/17
to Course Builder Forum
Just got it downloaded. How do I create the appropriate marker file to indicate that it was downloaded successfully. Thank you
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to course-builder-forum+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Olufemi Shield

Aug 11, 2017, 9:46:04 AM8/11/17
to Course Builder Forum
I think I figured the "file marker" out, I'll keep you updated. Thanks again

Inge van Loosdregt

May 22, 2018, 6:17:01 AM5/22/18
to Course Builder Forum
Hello Mike,

I am trying to deploy the Course builder, but after I enter the verification code I get an error. A red line with the text: /usr/bin/bash: Error 1. How can I solve this?
Thanks in advance.

Mike Gainer

May 22, 2018, 6:27:45 AM5/22/18
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Could you please copy/paste the entire text of what happens, including the command you're using to do the deploy?

Project Peacock

May 22, 2018, 8:25:38 AM5/22/18
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Hi Inge,
Hate to offer an answer as I am a complete novice, but I have also had this problem. It turns out that our company firewall was blocking the coursebuilder deployment. I just had to get off the network and it worked :-). Of course, if its not that problem... over to Mike, who is clearly a guru.
Good luck!

Inge van Loosdregt

May 24, 2018, 7:40:45 AM5/24/18
to Course Builder Forum
I have attached a snippet with the text of what happens after entering the verification code. I run windows_deploy.bat and enter the ID of my cloud project (corning-cell-counter) as app instance.

course builder error.PNG
Message has been deleted

Mike Gainer

Jun 21, 2018, 2:05:16 PM6/21/18
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
It's foisting work off on you, but that error is down in code that we (the (ex-)Course-Builder team) don't control - the App Engine installer client itself.  I'm not really able to do anything about that, nor even troubleshoot.  (Well, technically, we could do 20 rounds of "could you edit that Python file to add some debugging statements", but...)

Probably the fastest course forward is to just give up and use the deploy-from-the-cloud instructions pinned at the top of the group's topic list.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 11:02 AM Sumedang Daily Photo <sumedangd...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mike, I've got the same situation with Inge, after entering the verification code. Looking forward to hearing from you...

Sumedang Daily Photo

Jun 21, 2018, 2:05:40 PM6/21/18
to Course Builder Forum

Maryum Mohsin

Sep 25, 2018, 12:57:36 AM9/25/18
to Course Builder Forum
Hi, I'm not sure if I am putting this in the right place. But I got as far as to be able to put in the code by following your previous posts - was told it was success but then got a long bit and a red line. I will paste it all here below. Please tell me what I should do now.

Removing GCB_ALLOW_STATIC_SERV set to ''
Sourced as: './scripts/common.sh'
Ensuring runtime folder /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/runtime
Installing App Engine developer toolkit.  This may take a few minutes.
Installed GAE SDK 1.9.73
Installing PyCrypto (This needs to be compiled so it matches
   your operating system)
Building PyCrypto
Installing PyCrypto
warning: GMP or MPIR library not found; Not building Crypto.PublicKey._fastmath.
Installing six-1.5.2 to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/runtime/six
Installing six (a Python 2.x/3.x compatibility bridge)
Installing beautifulsoup4-4.4.1 to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/runtime/beautifulsoup4
Installing Beautiful Soup HTML processing library
Installing html5lib-0.95 to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/runtime/html5lib
Installing HTML5LIB library
Using third party Python packages from /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib
Downloading CB runtime library appengine-mapreduce-0.8.2.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library babel-0.9.6.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library codemirror-4.5.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library crossfilter-1.3.7.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library dagre-0.7.4.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library dagre-d3-0.4.17p.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library d3-3.4.3.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library dc.js-1.6.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library decorator-3.4.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library dependo-0.1.4.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library gaepytz-2011h.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library google-api-python-client-1.4.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library GoogleAppEngineCloudStorageClient-1.9.15.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library GoogleAppEnginePipeline-1.9.17.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library Graphy-1.0.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library graphene-0.7.3.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library graphql-core-0.4.12.1.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library graphql-relay-0.3.3.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library html5lib-0.95.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library identity-toolkit-python-client-0.1.6.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library inputex-3.1.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library isodate-0.5.5.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library jquery-2.2.4.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library jqueryui-1.11.4.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library markdown-2.5.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library material-design-iconic-font-1.1.1.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library mathjax-2.3.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library mathjax-fonts-2.3.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library mrs-mapreduce-0.9.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library networkx-1.9.1.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library oauth-1.0.1.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library polymer-1.2.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library pyparsing-1.5.7.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library rdflib-4.2.2-dev.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library reportlab-3.1.8.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library simplejson-3.7.1.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library six-1.10.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library underscore-1.4.3.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library yui_2in3-2.9.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Downloading CB runtime library yui_3.6.0.zip to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/lib/
Installing yui-3.6.0 to /home/MMohsin/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/runtime/yui
Installing YUI
Static serving enabled
Unzipping codemirror-4.5.0.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/codemirror-4.5.0
Unzipping crossfilter-1.3.7.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/crossfilter-1.3.7
Unzipping d3-3.4.3.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/d3-3.4.3
Unzipping dagre-0.7.4.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/dagre-0.7.4
Unzipping dagre-d3-0.4.17p.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/dagre-d3-0.4.17p
Unzipping dc.js-1.6.0.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0
Unzipping dependo-0.1.4.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/dependo-0.1.4
Unzipping inputex-3.1.0.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/inputex-3.1.0
Unzipping jquery-2.2.4.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/jquery-2.2.4
Unzipping jqueryui-1.11.4.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/jqueryui-1.11.4
Unzipping material-design-iconic-font-1.1.1.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/material-design-iconic-font-1.1.1
Unzipping underscore-1.4.3.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/underscore-1.4.3
Unzipping yui_2in3-2.9.0.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/yui_2in3-2.9.0
Unzipping yui_3.6.0.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/yui_3.6.0
Unzipping polymer-1.2.0.zip into /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0
Creating new /cygdrive/c/Users/MMohsin/Documents/coursebuilder_1.11.001/coursebuilder/static.yaml
2018-09-24 20:57:34,486 WARNING appinfo.py:1623 lxml version "2.3" is deprecated, use one of: "3.7.3"
08:57 PM Application: learninghasnolimit-876514 (was: mycourse); version: 1
08:57 PM Host: appengine.google.com
There is a new release of the SDK available.
-----------
Latest SDK:
api_versions: ['1']
release: 1.9.75
supported_api_versions:
  go:
    api_versions: [go1, go1.6, go1.8, go1.9]
  go111:
    api_versions: [null]
  java7:
    api_versions: ['1.0']
  python:
    api_versions: ['1']
  python27:
    api_versions: ['1']
timestamp: 1535575887

-----------
Your SDK:
api_versions: ['1']
release: 1.9.73
supported_api_versions:
  go:
    api_versions: [go1, go1.6, go1.8, go1.9]
  java7:
    api_versions: ['1.0']
  python:
    api_versions: ['1']
  python27:
    api_versions: ['1']
timestamp: 1531356822

-----------
for the latest SDK
08:57 PM Starting update of app: learninghasnolimit-876514, version: 1
08:57 PM Getting current resource limits.
Go to the following link in your browser:

Enter verification code: 4/ZQC8cXOL7zBt52NJ7BslCZ0PD0M8-7FhDOMT-3LLI0CgbKBc3vGvOxo
Authentication successful.
09:06 PM Scanning files on local disk.
09:06 PM Scanned 500 files.
09:06 PM Scanned 1000 files.
09:06 PM Scanned 1500 files.
09:06 PM Scanned 2000 files.
09:06 PM Scanned 2500 files.
09:06 PM Scanned 3000 files.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/yui_2in3-2.9.0/2in3-master/dist/2.9.0/build/assets/skins/sam/sprite.psd.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/underscore-1.4.3/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/underscore-1.4.3/README.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/bower.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/webcomponentsjs/build.log.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/webcomponentsjs/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/web-component-tester/browser.js.map.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/web-animations-js/COPYING.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/web-animations-js/History.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/web-animations-js/web-animations-next-lite.min.js.map.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/web-animations-js/web-animations-next.min.js.map.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/web-animations-js/web-animations.min.js.map.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/test-fixture/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/test-fixture/wct.conf.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/sw-toolbox/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/sw-toolbox/package.json. Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/sw-toolbox/sw-toolbox.map.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/stacky/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/sinon-chai/package.json. Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/promise-polyfill/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/promise-polyfill/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/prism/CHANGELOG.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/prism/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/prism/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/polymer/build.log.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/platinum-elements/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/platinum-bluetooth/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
09:06 PM Scanned 3500 files.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/neon-animation/guides/neon-animation.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/mocha/CHANGELOG.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/mocha/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/marked/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/marked/Makefile.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/marked/component.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/marked/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/marked/man/marked.1.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/marked/doc/broken.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/marked/doc/todo.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/marked/bin/marked.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/lodash/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/API.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/tsconfig.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/typings.json. Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/analyzer.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/loader/error-swallowing-fs-resolver.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/loader/file-loader.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/loader/fs-resolver.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/loader/noop-resolver.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/loader/redirect-resolver.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/loader/resolver.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/loader/string-resolver.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/loader/xhr-resolver.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/analyze-properties.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/ast-value.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/behavior-finder.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/declaration-property-handlers.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/descriptors.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/docs.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/element-finder.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/esutil.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/feature-finder.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/fluent-traverse.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/import-parse.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/js-parse.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/src/ast-utils/jsdoc.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/custom_typings/doctrine.d.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/custom_typings/dom5.d.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/custom_typings/escodegen.d.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/custom_typings/espree.d.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/custom_typings/estraverse.d.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/custom_typings/estree.d.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/hydrolysis/custom_typings/main.d.ts.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-youtube-upload/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-youtube/LICENSE. Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-streetview-pano/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-signin/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-sheets/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-map/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-hangout-button/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-feeds/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-chart/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-castable-video/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-calendar/LICENSE. Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-apis/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/google-analytics/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/ga-api-utils/CHANGELOG.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/ga-api-utils/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/ga-api-utils/Makefile.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/ga-api-utils/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/cors-upload-sample/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/chai/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md. Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/chai/History.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/chai/ReleaseNotes.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/chai/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/async/CHANGELOG.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/async/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/async/Makefile.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/async/component.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/async/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/async/dist/async.min.map.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/accessibility-developer-tools/Changelog.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/polymer-1.2.0/accessibility-developer-tools/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/material-design-iconic-font-1.1.1/License.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/material-design-iconic-font-1.1.1/fonts/Material-Design-Iconic-Font.eot.  Using application/octet-stream.
09:07 PM Scanned 4000 files.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dependo-0.1.4/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dependo-0.1.4/README.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dependo-0.1.4/orig/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dependo-0.1.4/orig/readme.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dependo-0.1.4/orig/bin/dependo.  Usingapplication/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.js-1.6.0/AUTHORS.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.js-1.6.0/Gemfile.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.js-1.6.0/Guardfile.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.js-1.6.0/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.js-1.6.0/README.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.js-1.6.0/bower.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.min.js.map. Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.js-1.6.0/make.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dc.js-1.6.0/dc.js-1.6.0/package.json. Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dagre-d3-0.4.17p/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dagre-d3-0.4.17p/README.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dagre-0.7.4/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/dagre-0.7.4/README.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/d3-3.4.3/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/crossfilter-1.3.7/crossfilter-1.3.7/CONTRIBUTING.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/crossfilter-1.3.7/crossfilter-1.3.7/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/crossfilter-1.3.7/crossfilter-1.3.7/Makefile.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/crossfilter-1.3.7/crossfilter-1.3.7/README.md.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/crossfilter-1.3.7/crossfilter-1.3.7/component.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/crossfilter-1.3.7/crossfilter-1.3.7/package.json.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/crossfilter-1.3.7/crossfilter-1.3.7/lib/dart/AUTHORS.  Using application/octet-stream.
Could not guess mimetype for lib/_static/crossfilter-1.3.7/crossfilter-1.3.7/lib/dart/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.
Error 404: --- begin server output ---
This application does not exist (project_id=u'learninghasnolimit-876514'). To create an App Engine application in this project, run "gcloud app create" in yourconsole.
--- end server output ---
/usr/bin/bash: Exit 1.

Mike Gainer

Sep 25, 2018, 7:14:14 AM9/25/18
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, App Engine is not helpful about actually telling you what to do in this case.

What's going on is that Google Cloud pretty much started as nothing more than App Engine, and has been adding more and more different services.  It's now to the point where most users don't need the App Engine component.  However, Course Builder was written a while ago, when making a Cloud project mostly always meant using App Engine.  At some point in the past few years, the Cloud team decided to not automatically set up the App Engine component, since it does use some resources that would just be wasted.  So now, in addition to our setup script, you need to also manually[1] go in to the Cloud console and enable App Engine.

Go to https://appspot.com and look up your project, "learninghasnolimit-876514".  Once there, click on the 'hamburger' icon (three parallel lines) at the top left.  In the now-open left navigation pane, scroll down to App Engine.  Click on App Engine.  There are a few dialogs that will ask you what region and what programming language (Python) your app is in.  Once you've gotten a little way into the tutorial, it will automatically do the setup for having an App Engine app.  This takes a few minutes.

Once you've done that, then you can re-try the deployment.

1] We could, of course, work out how to do that from a program and add it to the deployment script, but we've officially stopped issuing new releases, so you're stuck doing this step by hand.  Sorry about that. :-(

gigy kiki

Mar 17, 2020, 11:18:30 AM3/17/20
to Course Builder Forum
Hello everyone!
Could you help me to understand what the problem is?
I was deploying the Course Builder.
I clicked the script window_deploy and the process started.
But the result was the following:

Removing GCB_ALLOW_STATIC_SERV set to ''
Sourced as: './scripts/common.sh'
Ensuring runtime folder /home/User/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/runtime
Using GAE SDK 1.9.73 from /home/User/coursebuilder_resources_1_11_001/runtime/google_appengine

Installing PyCrypto (This needs to be compiled so it matches
   your operating system)
Building PyCrypto

Compilation error building pycrypto-2.6.1. Please ensure a C
compiler is installed and functional on your system. On OS X, the most likely
cause of this problem is that you don't have the XCode Command Line Tools
installed. To fix this, run

  $ xcode-select --install

and follow the instructions that appear, then re-run this command.
/usr/bin/bash: Exit 255.