Re: [couchrest] Performance benchmark

Samuel Lown

Oct 3, 2011, 4:48:14 AM10/3/11
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

CouchRest Model is more about convenience than performance. If you need raw speed, I'd go with some manual requests in basic couchrest. (Thats how I do migrations for example.)

Essentially though, this is the same as asking "does Rails scale?", you'll find plenty of answers for that on the interwebs ;-)

Cheers,
sam

On 2 October 2011 02:12, Sam Wilder <sam.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone done any performance benchmark around using the couchrest-
model as against doing raw couchdb hits. How does it scale.
What are the gotchas in applying the object-model on top of CouchDB
REST API.

Has anyone tried it on high-throughput requests. Any inputs here would
be highly appreciated.

www.samlown.com
www.autofiscal.com
www.planetaki.com/sam