How do you handle exceptions?

瀏覽次數:16 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Nilanjan Bhattacharya

未讀,
2013年8月11日 清晨6:08:152013/8/11
收件者:couc...@googlegroups.com
I don't see any documentation on handling exceptions in couchrest.  Am I missing something?

I querying a view which returns around 10,000 documents.  On Windows this works. On Ubuntu, the call to 'view' ends with the message 'killed'.

- Nilanjan

Samuel Lown

未讀,
2013年8月14日 中午12:05:042013/8/14
收件者:couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nilanjan,

Errors are generally handled by underlying RestClient. So you end up with exceptions like RestClient::ResourceNotFound or RestClient::Timeout.

However, in the case of you're large view and the 'killed' message, this is probably because your Ubuntu machine is low on memory. The Linux kernel will automatically kill a process that is consuming a lot of memory and the system is running low.

You're probably running on a small VPS, so either increase the machine's memory, or add a swap file.

Cheers,
sam

www.samlown.com
www.autofiscal.com