Fauxton and reverse proxies

1 view

Paul Milner

Jun 8, 2023, 10:37:31 AM6/8/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
Hello

In one of my environments I have a couch cluster setup behind load
balancers and nginx reverse proxies. When I try to use fauxton it doesn't
work. The databases fail to load. Can you tell me how I can find out how to
set this up properly please? Is there any documentation anywhere?

Thanks a lot
Paul

Andrew Ellerton

Jun 9, 2023, 5:38:31 AM6/9/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
We have a similar setup with nginx but not a cluster.

When you load Fauxton in Chrome, show the developer tools and look at
which network requests fail, if any.

We found we had to add `_session` and others (from memory) to the reverse
proxy settings, but your issue may be different.

If that doesn't work, maybe post specific errors here?

HTH
Andrew

Sinan Gabel

Jun 9, 2023, 9:37:40 AM6/9/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
Hi!

Here's a link:

https://docs.couchdb.org/en/stable/best-practices/reverse-proxies.html#reverse-proxying-with-nginx

If this does not work, you may have to provide more information about your
setup to receive proper help.

Best regards,
Sinan

Paul Milner

Jun 9, 2023, 10:58:30 AM6/9/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
Hello there

thanks a lot for the quick and useful replies as ever.

I had a limit on the number of concurrent connections, so it was my own
fault ;-)

Sorry but thanks
Paul