Introducing Structured Query Server, SQL Queries for CouchDB

Jan Lehnardt

Jul 6, 2023, 11:03:11 AM7/6/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
Dear CouchDB user community,

My company Neighbourhoodie is happy to announce Structured Query Server,
a CouchDB companion application that gives you full-fidelity SQL query
abilities for your CouchDB installations.

See all infos, technical details and benchmarks on our product page:

https://neighbourhood.ie/products-and-services/structured-query-server

Do let me know off-list, if you have any questions.

Best
Jan

Willem van der Westhuizen

Jul 6, 2023, 11:07:53 AM7/6/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org, Jan Lehnardt
This is a great enhancement.

Thank you.

What are the licensing requirements?

Jim Mason

Jul 6, 2023, 11:09:55 AM7/6/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
ThanksInteresting solution for the right use case.
Jim

Cluxter

Jul 6, 2023, 11:54:05 AM7/6/23
to jema...@yahoo.com.invalid, us...@couchdb.apache.org
This reminds me of this tweet:
https://twitter.com/JordiCabot/status/1576496626566242305
Quoting: "Every nosql database evolves to include sql or dies"
Looks like we reached that point lol.
Great work, this should be useful to many people and it should help making
CouchDB more popular.

Le jeu. 6 juil. 2023 à 17:09, Jim Mason <jema...@yahoo.com.invalid> a

Jim Mason

Jul 6, 2023, 11:57:15 AM7/6/23
to jema...@yahoo.com.invalid, us...@couchdb.apache.org
agree because there are so many good open-source tools built on JDBC drivers and SQL

Jim Mason

Jul 12, 2023, 8:19:43 AM7/12/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
Hi Jan
Thanks for this SQL solution.
What I really need to use CouchDB as a "goto" NoSQL solution is an open-source JDBC driver.There isn't an open-source one I know of.The second I have that driver, it connects a world of solutions to CouchDb.Without that, CouchDb is of limited value for us.
Thanks
Jim

Sam Lown

Jul 21, 2023, 4:58:36 AM7/21/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
Very nice!

The design document specs reminded me of the "couch_tap" project we created
at Cabify back in the day to achieve the same objective of mapping
documents to relational data: https://github.com/cabify/couch_tap

cheers
sam