ES5/ES6/ES7 for map functions on CouchDB and Cloudant?

Aurélien Bénel

May 18, 2023, 12:07:37 PM5/18/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
Dear all,

Lately I changed my habits on CouchDB and started to use ES6/ES7 features for map functions (arrow functions, spread operators...). I was very happy to use them until I realized that hence I couldn't replicate my design documents from CouchDB to Cloudant.

I suppose there are other people on this list who want to keep the compatibility with both CouchDB and Cloudant...
Can you please confirm that Cloudant uses an older javascript engine than CouchDB?
Which javascript features work on CouchDB and not on Cloudant?
Do you use tools (validators or transpilers) to keep your code compatible with both?

Best regards,

Aurélien

Nick Vatamaniuc

May 18, 2023, 12:37:31 PM5/18/23
to us...@couchdb.apache.org
Hi Aurélien,

Cloudant currently uses an ES5 Javascript engine.

Cheers,
-Nick