All memory allocated to this bucket is used for metadata.

blacksu...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2016, 3:44:29 AM11/16/16
to Couchbase
I have a 10 nodes cb cluster with 24000MB Data RAM Quota each node.I created a bucket with 23000MB Data RAM Quota per node.The cache metadata setting is full ejection.
I upsert data with no more than 50,000 documents/s rate.When the RAM is not full,everthing goes well.But after using about 80% RAM Quota,there is always a TemporaryFailureException.I tried to add nodes,but no use.How can I solve this problem?
After upserting more than 100,000,000 documents,I received the folling message:All memory allocated to this bucket is used for metadata.But the metadata should be ejected,and the monitor from the UI shows only 962MB metadata in RAM.Why I get the alert and can't upsert any document to the cluster?

Majid Zarrinkolah

Sep 23, 2017, 9:03:19 AM9/23/17
to Couchbase
Hi
I have the same problem with Couchbase, I had 1 instance of MongoDB with over 1.4 billion of data. I decided to change our databases to Couchbase with Elasticsearch indexing. I have 8 VPS ( 10 * 2.2 GHz cores, 50g RAM, 1.2T SSD ) , and I used 3 of them (totally 120g RAM allocated) to store data on couchbase without any Indexing, ( Reading from MongoDB, make json flat and just Inserting to Couchbase ).
all of 3 Couchbase nodes alarming :
Hard Out Of Memory Error. Bucket "MYBUCKET" on node www.xxx.yyy.zzz is full. All memory allocated to this bucket is used for metadata.
and the number of OP/Sec is decreasing to fully useless ( it's changing between 0 to maximum 200).
so what I have to do to make the system stable and without warnings and errors.
Thank you.