How to integrate an existing couchapp into a build-tool

Alexander Gabriel

May 28, 2014, 3:33:41 PM5/28/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hy couchapp'ers

I've been using the python couchapp tool now for quite a while and am very happy with it.

But I see all these nice examples of how to automate building with gulp and grunt. With all the goodies like concatenating, live previews etc.

Being a relative noob I haven't done any automated testing yet. I want to start now. I haven't decided on a favorite tool yet - probably any one would do as long as I can integrate it with building a couchapp.

All examples and tutorials I've seen show how to build and test when using grunt or gulp.

Here come the questions:
  • What would I have to do differently when using a couchapp?
  • Is there a grunt or gulp tool that can replace the python couchapp tool? How would one migrate an existing couchapp?
  • Do you know of any example or tutorial?
Thanks a lot for pointers!

By the way: I work on Windows 8 which I believe excludes some other couchapp-tools that may have some of the mentioned capabilities.

Alex

Alexander Gabriel

Jun 5, 2014, 8:54:14 AM6/5/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com