erica problem

Miles Fidelman

Jan 21, 2013, 8:26:35 PM1/21/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Just tried to:
erica clone http://jchrisa.net/drl/_design/sofa (want to work through
the example in CouchDB, The Definitive Guide, again)

got the following error:
ERROR: clone failed while processing /usr/local/src:
{'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,{ok,"404",
[{"Server","CouchDB/1.2.1 (Erlang
OTP/R15B03)"},
{"Date","Tue, 22 Jan 2013 01:21:21 GMT"},
{"Content-Type","application/json"},
{"Content-Length","41"},
{"Cache-Control","must-revalidate"}],
<<"{\"error\":\"not_found\",\"reason\":\"missing\"}\n">>}}},
[{erica_util,parse_couchapp_url,1,
[{file,"src/erica_util.erl"},{line,114}]},
{erica_clone,clone1,3,[{file,"src/erica_clone.erl"},{line,30}]},
{erica_core,run_modules,4,[{file,"src/erica_core.erl"},{line,97}]},
{erica_core,execute,4,[{file,"src/erica_core.erl"},{line,67}]},
{erica,main,1,[{file,"src/erica.erl"},{line,12}]},
{escript,run,2,[{file,"escript.erl"},{line,741}]},
{escript,start,1,[{file,"escript.erl"},{line,277}]},
{init,start_it,1,[]}]}}

this is with a newly installed copy of erica, pulled from github

tried the same with couchapp:
couchapp clone http://jchrisa.net/drl/_design/sofa

Worked just fine.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra

llabball

Jan 23, 2013, 11:51:55 AM1/23/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
jchris has a custom version of sofa running - erica fails on a base64_decode of views.lib.comments, but what makes me wonder is that also a couchdb replicate fails (with a error message of the remote couch from jchris)

the git repo git://github.com/jchris/sofa.git has not the file

Bug report on https://github.com/benoitc/erica/issues?

here is the source of the website http://jchris.iriscouch.com/drl/_design/sofa

Miles Fidelman

Jan 23, 2013, 2:30:38 PM1/23/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
entered a bug report, Benoit responded:
"The issue is due to the way the website do the proxying to couchdb .
|curl http://jchrisa.net/drl| return a 404. I will try to find a way to
solve that during clone."

Thanks.

Benoit Chesneau

Jan 23, 2013, 3:34:38 PM1/23/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
fixed in latest head. Thanks for the feedback!

llabball wrote:

In practice, there is.   .... Yogi Berra

Miles Fidelman

Jan 23, 2013, 4:04:27 PM1/23/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome. And thanks yourself!

Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> fixed in latest head. Thanks for the feedback!
>

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Miles Fidelman
> <mfid...@meetinghouse.net <mailto:mfid...@meetinghouse.net>> wrote:
>
> entered a bug report, Benoit responded:
> "The issue is due to the way the website do the proxying to
> couchdb . |curl http://jchrisa.net/drl|
> <http://jchrisa.net/drl%7C> return a 404. I will try to find a way
> to solve that during clone."
>
> Thanks.
>

> llabball wrote:
>
> jchris has a custom version of sofa running - erica fails on a
> base64_decode of views.lib.comments, but what makes me wonder
> is that also a couchdb replicate fails (with a error message
> of the remote couch from jchris)
>
> the git repo git://github.com/jchris/sofa.git
> <http://github.com/jchris/sofa.git> has not the file
> <mailto:couc...@googlegroups.com>.
> couchapp+u...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:couchapp%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/couchapp?hl=en.
>

> --
> In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra
>
> --

PeePee

Jul 22, 2013, 1:29:06 PM7/22/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi! New in the game. Tried to install couchapp but it would not compile properly. Installed erica and tried to do the exact same thing (I think) as Miles F for the same reasons. The results can be seen.

==> sofa (clone)
ERROR: clone error: [{error,not_found}]

Why? Did I do something wrong here? Anyways..

So, I followed the instructions of the Definitive Guide using git..
$ git clone git://github.com/jchris/sofa.git
..and managed. Then pushed it to couch with erica and, voilá, by adding an extra slash (between sofa and _list) in the returned URL it worked.

Though, I have the feeling that the code differs quite from the walkthrough in the Definitive Guide. Slightly confused over here.

All in all:
1. What did I do wrong when cloning w erica?
2. Does the code differ or should I just press on through confusion w my couch-studies?

Benoit Chesneau

Jul 30, 2013, 6:36:05 PM7/30/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
if you go on the url it return a 404 though.