Meeting for COSP during Boulder CFMIP Meeting

Klein, Stephen A.

Oct 5, 2018, 6:30:13 PM10/5/18
to cosp...@googlegroups.com

Hello COSP users,

For your information, I want to let you know that there will be a meeting to discuss progress and plans for COSP during the Cloud Feedback Model Intercomparison Project conference in Boulder the week after next. The meeting will happen at 1 pm on Wednesday October 17 in the NCAR Mesa Lab Directors Conference Room.

If you’re in the area, you are welcome to come and discuss whatever COSP interests and concerns you might have.

Steve Klein and Alejandro Bodas-Salcedo

on behalf of the COSP Program Management Committee

Jean-Louis DUFRESNE

Oct 9, 2018, 4:18:55 AM10/9/18
to 'Klein, Stephen A.' via COSP users group

Dear Steve and Alejandro,

Thank you to organize this meeting, I will participate.

I have a question: for what I have seen, the fraction covered by each
sub-column is supposed to be the same for all if them in COPS2, as it
was in COsP1. Am I write?

This question arises because we replace SCOPS by the sub-column
generator developed by R. Hogan in EcRad, in which only one sub-column
is clear sky, whatever the clear sky fraction is.

See you soon,
Jean-Louis
> --

Jean-Louis DUFRESNE

Lab. de Météo. Dynamique (LMD) et Institut Pierre Simon Laplace (IPSL)
http://www.lmd.jussieu.fr/~jldufres tel : +33 1 44 27 50 14
Campus Jussieu; Tour 45, Aile 45-55, 3e etage, bureau 311
UPMC Boite 99 ; 4 place Jussieu ; 75252 Paris Cedex 05 - France

Bodas-Salcedo, Alejandro

Oct 9, 2018, 4:48:10 AM10/9/18
to cosp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jean-Louis,

Your interpretation is correct, and therefore the number of clear-sky columns in COSP is variable, not fixed to one.

Regards,
Alejandro