Error affecting MODIS simulator in COSP < 1.4.2 or < 2.0.1

19 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Robert Pincus

ungelesen,
01.02.2018, 09:05:2401.02.18
an cosp...@googlegroups.com
Dear COSP users —

We are writing to notify you of an error in MODIS simulator output affecting COSP versions 1 and 2 prior to 29 Nov 2017.

In COSP 1.4 and 1.4.1 and COSP 2.0 all MODIS simulator variables are affected by an error manifest only when clouds with both liquid and ice visible from space. In CESM the impacts are quite small (https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/dustin.swales/COSP/v1.4.2/cosp_quicklooksV1.4.2.html).

In COSP 1.4.1 variables jpdftaureliqmodis and jpdftaureicemodis are further affected by an error in initialization. We expect that when these errors are manifest the data will be nonsensical.

For future projects we encourage you to use COSP 1.4.2 or COSP 2.0.1 or later.

The attached file, which was sent to the modeling groups intending to submit to CMIP6, provides more detail including the diagnostics affected and github links for the code changes.

---
Robert Pincus and Dustin Swales
University of Colorado/NOAA Earth System Research Lab
http://cires.colorado.edu/researcher/robert-pincus
cospVersionTable.pdf

dustin...@noaa.gov

ungelesen,
01.02.2018, 16:25:5401.02.18
an COSP users group
Dear COSP users -

It has come to our attention that some of the links in the previous email were incorrect. The attached file has the correct links.
I apologize for any confusion this may has caused.

Dustin Swales
cospVersionTable_corrected.pdf
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor