Convite seminarios Dr. Jonas Pedro Pereira

michael.bacchi

May 23, 2023, 1:50:31 PM5/23/23
to Núcleo Cosmo-ufes: anúncios
Boa tarde,
convidamos todos os interessados em participar no seminario do Dr. Jonas Pedro Pereira sobre  "Differentiating sharp phase transitions from mixed states in neutron stars".
O evento será ibrido, no auditorio do PPGFis e online, nessa quinta-feria, 25 de Maio, as 14hs.
O link pra assistir é o siguente

M. Bacchi, P. Puttasiddappa, T. Ottoni

Resumo da apresentação:
The internal composition of neutron stars is still an open issue in astrophysics. Their innermost regions are impervious to light propagation and gravitational waves mostly carry global aspects of stars, meaning that only indirect inferences of their interiors could be obtained. We firstly estimate the observational accuracy to differentiate a mixed phase/state from a sharp phase transition region in a hybrid star by means of some electromagnetic and gravitational wave observables. In the most optimistic case - a strong quark-hadron density jump phase transition - radius observations require fractional uncertainties smaller than 1% − 2% to differentiate mixed states from sharp phase transitions. For tidal deformations, relative uncertainties should be smaller than 5% − 10%. We then discuss the relevance of the above to the astrophysics of compact objects. In summary: (i) - it suggests that 2.5- and 3rd-generation gravitational wave detectors and near-term electromagnetic missions may be able to start assessing several aspects of phase transitions in neutron stars; (ii) - it would evidence limitations on the neutron star equation of state recovery by means of mass, radius and tidal deformation measurements; and (iii) - it would allow one to estimate the impact of systematics on current and future modelings. Finally, we discuss other observables that may also be relevant for distinguishing mixed states from sharp phase transitions in neutron stars.