Seminário remoto nesta sexta: Esha Bhatia (Indian Institute of Technology, India)

Davi C. Rodrigues

Apr 24, 2024, 10:49:16 AMApr 24
to Núcleo Cosmo-ufes: anúncios, PPGCosmo, cosmo-ufes

26 Apr 2024 / 10:00 BRT / Remote Seminar
Phenomenology of renormalization group improved gravity from the kinematics of SPARC galaxies
Esha Bhatia (Indian Institute of Technology, India)

Renormalization Group correction to General Relativity introduces a running of the gravitational coupling parameter with the energy scale of the Universe and is viewed as one of the alternative theories of gravity. In this talk, I will describe a phenomenological study to look into a wide variety of rotationally supported and morphologically different galaxies present in the Spitzer Photometry for Accurate Rotation Curve (SPARC) catalog. I will show that one can phenomenologically constrain the model parameter associated with the RGGR model along with the mass-to-light ratio for the galaxies individually and explain that data from 100 SPARC galaxies are consistent with our chosen gravity model. Finally, I will describe two empirical relations satisfied through SPARC observations, viz., the Radial Acceleration Relation (RAR) and the Baryonic Tully-Fisher Relation (BTFR) in the RGGR framework. I will conclude by showing that both the observed relations (RAR and BTFR) behave satisfactorily in the RGGR framework.

Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89461742804?pwd=TkoFUZVzemxa9dp3vy22c0oxn8IOR7.1
(Meeting ID: 894 6174 2804,  Passcode: 826864)