Robotics Challenge Alamosa Logistics

Brian T Sanders

Mar 30, 2012, 1:03:34 PM3/30/12
to cosgc-r...@googlegroups.com
Attached you will find the Robotics Challenge Logistics. I'm very excited for next week!!

All events are open to the public, including any observers from your insitution. Space Grant Boulder will provide lunch on Saturday for all Students and faculty advisers.  Your guest will have to pay for lunch.

Overview

Friday, April 6th
Teams are encouraged to arrive by 6pm if possible on Friday April 6th for a pre-event presentations.  I understand this might not be possible for all folks who are traveling from around the state and students who have classes.  Similar to the presentations teams have given during our telcons, provide some slides covering the background of your robot and some of the trials and tribulations you encountered. Each team will have 10 minutes to present.   A common room will be available starting no later than noon on Friday until 11pm for teams to fix last minute items and work with the rotating Beacon System.

Saturday April 7th
Everyone at the Sand Dunes at 8am on Saturday Morning April 7th.
8am to 12:30pm the Main Event and Challenge
12:30~1:30 Head back to Alamosa for Lunch
1:30pm~3pm Lunch in Alamosa and event recap

For those staying in Alamosa, Space Grant-Boulder will pay for one room per institution, preferably at the Alamosa Ramada (info attached).   Each institution is responsible for making your own reservations.  If you would like Space Grant Boulder to pay for one of your rooms please contact Bernadette ASAP and she will make the reservation.  Also call Bernadette ( 303-492-3141) if you have a student who would like a roommate to share expenses.

TEAM LEADS AND/OR Directors Respond by Monday 5pm
Please tell respond to these questions so I know your plans and we can order food for your and your team.
1) Planned Arrival time/date (i.e Friday 3pm, Friday 5pm, Saturday 8am at the Dunes)
2) How many students will come from your institution?
3) Is you team planning to present at 6pm on Friday night?

I will send information about the event Permit on Monday.  All students and advisors should be able to get in to the Dunes on Saturday however other observers *might* have to pay park admission.  I'm hoping to get everyone affiliated with the event into the park without paying admission.

Any other questions?  Good Luck and see you soon,
Brian

2012 Challenge Logistics.pdf