Durango Robotics Workshop Nov 3rd and Boulder Nov 17th

Brian T Sanders

Oct 9, 2012, 1:41:50 AM10/9/12
to cosgc-r...@googlegroups.com, Charlie Hakes, Bob Philbin, Suzanne Taylor, Victor Andersen, William Kent Hardwick, Azer Yalin, Iain Probert, Huseyin Sarper, Bob Walch, Matt Semak, Phil Kavanagh, Aaron Brown, Cynthia Clements, George Sellman, Bob Knecht, Warren MacEvoy, Laona Burk, Liz Coelho, Steve Tragesser, Jordan Rath
Hello all,

We will hold our first workshop of the 2012-13 season in Durango, at Fort Lewis College on Saturday Nov 3rd, starting at 9am. Final room location and maps will be coming. We are starting at 9am to allow for a reasonable start drive time for folks driving from possibly Western and Southern Colorado. I hope to finish up around 4pm so people can get back home at a reasonable time considering the long drive times to/from Durango.

Right now we have about 20 total people registered for the class from FLC and Western. We have space for a few more if you would like to come. Please email me with your name and email address if you would like to get registered. I will send another email early next week with all the received registrations. Once you determine a team of 2-3 students, please purchase your kit from the list found on the Workshop Website (order early as parts sometimes take a week to receive). There is a link to a SparkFun shopping cart for parts.

Workshop Website:
http://spacegrant.colorado.edu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=449&Itemid=324

The goal of the workshop is introduction to robotics, and more generally electronics, software and embedded systems. No previous software experience is needed.

I'm still looking at Nov 17th for the Boulder workshop, but a final confirmation will be sent in the coming weeks. I'm taking reservations for that workshop too. To register your team, please still send me your names and emails.

Talk to you soon,

Brian

Brian Sanders
Deputy Director
Colorado Space Grant Consortium
spacegrant.colorado.edu
Office: 303-492-5451
Mobile: 303-258-6339

Brian T Sanders

Oct 29, 2012, 1:12:48 AM10/29/12
to Brian Sanders, cosgc-r...@googlegroups.com, Charlie Hakes, Bob Philbin, Suzanne Taylor, Victor Andersen, William Kent Hardwick, Azer Yalin, Iain Probert, Huseyin Sarper, Bob Walch, Matt Semak, Phil Kavanagh, Aaron Brown, Cynthia Clements, George Sellman, Bob Knecht, Warren MacEvoy, Laona Burk, Liz Coelho, Steve Tragesser, Jordan Rath, Eliot Young, Bernadette Garcia, Christopher J Koehler
Hello again,

I just sent a message to the restraints of the Durango workshop for this Saturday Nov 3rd. I'm also now taking names for the CU Boulder Workshop on Nov 17th starting at 9am.

Please provide your name, email and school affiliation if you would like to register for Durango or Boulder. There is no cost to attend, other than the cost of the "Robot in a Box" hardware kit for a team of 2-3 students. See the Workshop website for details:
http://spacegrant.colorado.edu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=449&Itemid=324

Even if you have previously indicated either you or your students wanted to attend the Boulder workshop, please confirm with names again to insure I have them on the Boulder Workshop list.

Thanks,