Robotics Challenge 2013 and Workshops

Brian T Sanders

Oct 1, 2012, 12:52:31 PM10/1/12
to cosgc-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

This is the first email of the 2012-13 Robotics Challenge season and we are looking to April 6th, 2013 as the event at the Great Sand Dunes.  I will continue to use this email distro to get the word out about the Challenge.  Email removal instructions are at the bottom of this email if you want to get off this list.

Robotics Challenge Website:

Last year we did two workshops, one in Boulder and one in Pueblo.  If there is interest, I would like to have one or two workshops this year. Right now there is interest for a Western slope workshop but not enough people for a Front Range workshop.

Details of what we did last year.

The workshops this year would be similar to last year.  Likely the same parts with each kit costing ~$110, and the workshop would starting around 8am and finishing about 5pm. Schools this year would have to buy their kits, about 2-3 students per kit.

There has been a lot of feedback to have the workshops in Fall so teams can be ready to start in Spring.  Also if you have students who are interested the fundamentals of the Arduino and embedded systems they can attend and many of the concepts are directly applicable to BallonSat controllers and data loggers.

Please respond by Thursday (Oct 4) afternoon:
1.  Would students from your school attend a Nov 17th workshop in Boulder and if so how many?
2.  Would students from your school attend a Nov 3rd workshop in Durango and if so how many?
3.  Do you plan to have a Robotics Challenge team at our school to complete at the 2013 Challenge?  Registration is by sending me an email with your Leaders contact information.

I hope to have a tentative plan assembled so we can have the workshops before winter weather makes travel more challenging.

Brian

Brian Sanders
Deputy Director
Colorado Space Grant Consortium