Robotics Challenge - The Event April 5-6

1 view

Brian T Sanders

Mar 28, 2013, 3:33:43 PM3/28/13
to Nathan Daniel Anderson Cheyenne Witherell, Garrett Wiese, Chris Chartier, Kyle Duran, Jordan Rath, edd...@rams.colostate.edu, cpage@rams.colostate.edu Page, mrgu...@gmail.com, pat....@gmail.com, matt...@gmail.com, John Ladd, Marc Ditmore, Doug Shaw, Jeremiah Tyrey, Graham Montgomery, Aaron Adamson, Mike Barbee, thomas.staver, 19jman, jojoanna9jim, bgonzales068, larry.vidaurre, mikersandoval, cosgc-r...@googlegroups.com, Suzanne Taylor, Charlie Hakes, George Sellman, Cynthia Clements, Warren MacEvoy, Bill Hardwick, Bob Knecht
Hello all,

We are only about a week away from the COSGC Robotics Challenge at the Great Sand Dunes National Park.  Attached is an Agenda and Rules for Saturday April 6th at the Dunes.

I will be at the Inn of the Rio (our home base) sometime around 2pm on Friday April 5th We will have some pizza for those at the hotel lobby area around 6pm and everyone is encouraged to meet near the lobby area as we all collaborate to confirm our robots are working well.  I will have the beacon set up for testing shortly after I arrive.  Feel free to call my cell if you have questions or difficulties.

I've heard that many schools are working with the Beacon and have made their own beacon simulator.  Every team should have a back up navigation system of a simple compass which enables your robot to "head west" and hopefully avoid obstacles. Navigation to the beacon is ideal, but please still come even if you might be having difficulties in the last few days on any technical front.  The MakerSpace on Friday is hopefully to fix last minute hardware issues, tweak software and test with the beacon if you like.
Microsoft Word - Schedule and Rules2013.docx.pdf
ATT00001.htm